Gen 2 stage 1 turbo bike

Well bike is done and ready for pick up. Made 230ish on 4 psi and made 270 280 on 8 psi. He said the waste gate was fine for a awhile but the other day when he had it on the dyno it jumped up to 8 psi. So tuned it from 4 to 8 psi and said clean the waste gate or buy and better gate. So I am going to finally order and new wastegate. Trying to decide what brand to get. They did find and bad wire connection going ro the fuel pump and that's why it was going lean on them. So that's another thing I have to do is look over all the wiring on the bike. So much for this bike being turn key turbo bike when I bought it.

The bike has a china waste gate in it. He said when he tuned it the bike was making 4.5 psi. Said he took it for a test drive aND notice it was making more boost. So he put it on the dyno and it made 4.5 psi a couple of pulls the he said it jumped up too 8 psi on one pull. Idk. Just repaying what he said.

Why spend the money on turbos and poop and get a cheap ass Watergate. Or any cheap ass part for a turbo build. Some people won't ever learn.

Cause some people are just stupid cheap. I bought this bike turbod. It was suppose to be turn key bike. I bought a new waste gate last night for it. Brand new tial 44mm wastegate. Now I just have to redo the dump pipe so it works and time to ride.

Here's the final dyno print out

20180724_220330.jpg

He has built a couple of turbo bikes. He also has also a pro street bike too. He's the only guy close that can tune anything.

The ability to tune is contingent upon several factors . . . initial training, experience, KNOWLEDGE, and equipment that is calibrated and up to date. Basics don't cut it, especially in the high performance world. From what I can see, your tune is wrong and the torque being low is a red flag . . .

The ability to tune is contingent upon several factors . . . initial training, experience, KNOWLEDGE, and equipment that is calibrated and up to date. Basics don't cut it, especially in the high performance world. From what I can see, your tune is wrong and the torque being low is a red flag . . .

I see what you did there Frank... haha!

You’re right on the tq, it is on the low side, and power is a bit high for the boost numbers. Lean is mean to an extent some say, but gotta have fuel to make tq.

Well got a new wastegate on the bike and going to have him check the tune slash retune it with me there. The new waste gate works and doesn't move around on boost pressure. Going to have him richen the tune up.

Back