What chicken strips

Mason357

Registered
This is a reminder to you guys always check your tires before a ride. I deserve to get flamed for letting them get this bad. I will now check my tires everytime I ride. At least my chicken strips are gone. So guys check your tires.

IMG_0401.JPG

I once knew a guy that would ride his tires down like that and ride on them. I though he was nuts at the time...

Yeah I would never check the tires. Then when the od read 10000mi I thought maybe I should check tires and that's what I found. Now I'll check tires everytime I ride. You should never let them get that bad. Could have set me up for a really f'ed up day. Time to find tires. Any recommendations for a tire that last longer than 5k?

Yeah I would never check the tires. Then when the od read 10000mi I thought maybe I should check tires and that's what I found. Now I'll check tires everytime I ride. You should never let them get that bad. Could have set me up for a really f'ed up day. Time to find tires. Any recommendations for a tire that last longer than 5k?

I'm currently 4500ish on my Pilot Road 5s. I estimate to get another 8k out of them.

this happened to me too except was in the middle. a friend that doesn't ride was looking my bike over and said, hey man I see cord on your tire. I was in disbelief as the tire didn't have many miles on it or so I thought! So now I check regularly.

:laugh: I have been riding the rears down to the carcass because I can't afford tires but that's a s far as I go. I see one spot though the outer composition and that's definitely it. The bike's both are parked all season this year. I'll get paid again in September. :confused:

My bike is cleaned and returned back inside the house after every ride . Once back inside , I check everything at my leisure , before next ride . I , like Cantab pointed out , also can't believe you hadn't checked your tires air pressure , at least occasionally to notice this .

Back