New to me '09

Bumblebee

Donating Member
Registered
After years of thinking about a Hayabusa, I recently picked up an '09 traded into a dealership.

It has low kms, full Yosh exhaust, ECU flash, speedshifter, heli bars, airbox mod, Puig windshield, retrofitted with Brembo brakes and master cylinder, new chain, tires and brake pads.

I am getting used to the radical riding position compared to my Gen 1 Bandit but so far so good for this over 50 body...

Of course I post in the wrong spot right off the bat...my apologies...

2009 Hayabusa.jpg

Thank you, I have Heli-Bars on it but figure on getting lowering pegs as I'm told they help...I probably just need to re-generate muscle memory from my Gixxer days years ago.
I certainly love this bike though, I wish I would have got one sooner.

Funny, that's what my grand daughter calls it too...
I am certainly enjoying it.. I can't seem to leave it in the garage long..

Congrats on the new ride! We have a member here that sell lowering pegs. Just search for buell peg modification or something like that. I also have helibars, but combined with a soupys spacer block and works great.

Congrats on the new ride! We have a member here that sell lowering pegs. Just search for buell peg modification or something like that. I also have helibars, but combined with a soupys spacer block and works great.
Thank you, I will look into that.

I’m not sure of an air box mod for the gen 2? You can drop in a high flow filter. But the “mod” is for gen 1

I only thought it was a mod as it's carbon fibre...I bought the bike at a non-Suzuki dealership and they only knew a bit about it, I found the carbon filter box when I lifted the tank to look around. I do know it's got a very loud intake sound.

I only thought it was a mod as it's carbon fibre...I bought the bike at a non-Suzuki dealership and they only knew a bit about it, I found the carbon filter box when I lifted the tank to look around.
Post up a pic of your airbox will you please , could be a Montgomery carbon airbox !!:shocked::thumbsup:

Back