“Doocati” Test Rides.....

1busa

Registered
Over the weekend a bike shop had Fathers Day Demo Special. So I got 2 ride these Beauties!!!
39CBFB02-00D6-4767-B964-82D88D93D8E6.jpeg

8C84AC3F-FB0F-4B74-9920-A89617C77EFA.jpeg

All in all I honestly have to say I was quite disappointed with the Panigale V4S. That bike is hotter than my damn air cooled Harley!!!! Goes to show you that looks aren’t everything...... It looks like sex on wheels but 2 minutes idling in the staging area I had to shut the bike off. I waiters right before we took off to fire it up again. This bike is meant to be on a track not the street. It ran like a turd unless you had it up over 6k RPM’s which is kinda hard to do on a group demo ride. Basically I had to put around on it in 2nd and 3rd gear. Don’t get me wrong the few times I seen daylight the bike had power but I don’t think it pulls like my Busa. The only real positive I took away from it was the auto blipper on that thing was amazing! Smooth seemless up and downshifts was pretty cool. I’ve rode bikes with quick shifters before but they were kinda notchy but with they Panigale you could just pin the throttle and gently tap up on the shifter and boom you were in the next gear effortlessly no lag or hesitation on the throttle or power

The Multistrada was a much better ride. Way more comfortable and cooler!!! Didn’t have the power of a Panigale but still had some get up and go but was way more manageable in traffic and low speeds/RPM’s. Kinda felt like I was on a big ass Italian dirtbike! It was cool..... just not $23k cool. I’ll be sticking with my Busa an Roadglide for sure. Thanks Ducati but no thanks

Over the weekend a bike shop had Fathers Day Demo Special. So I got 2 ride these Beauties!!!View attachment 1582732
View attachment 1582733

All in all I honestly have to say I was quite disappointed with the Panigale V4S. That bike is hotter than my damn air cooled Harley!!!! Goes to show you that looks aren’t everything...... It looks like sex on wheels but 2 minutes idling in the staging area I had to shut the bike off. I waiters right before we took off to fire it up again. This bike is meant to be on a track not the street. It ran like a turd unless you had it up over 6k RPM’s which is kinda hard to do on a group demo ride. Basically I had to put around on it in 2nd and 3rd gear. Don’t get me wrong the few times I seen daylight the bike had power but I don’t think it pulls like my Busa. The only real positive I took away from it was the auto blipper on that thing was amazing! Smooth seemless up and downshifts was pretty cool. I’ve rode bikes with quick shifters before but they were kinda notchy but with they Panigale you could just pin the throttle and gently tap up on the shifter and boom you were in the next gear effortlessly no lag or hesitation on the throttle or power

The Multistrada was a much better ride. Way more comfortable and cooler!!! Didn’t have the power of a Panigale but still had some get up and go but was way more manageable in traffic and low speeds/RPM’s. Kinda felt like I was on a big ass Italian dirtbike! It was cool..... just not $23k cool. I’ll be sticking with my Busa an Roadglide for sure. Thanks Ducati but no thanks

IMG-20180617-WA0023.jpg

That Panigale is an amazing looking machine! I could stare at that pic all day.:super:

Don't think it pulls like your Busa? LOL It has 40 more hp and weighs over 100 lbs less. Put a rider on it and it would destroy a Hayabusa. The Busa is fun and all but don't try to compare it to a modern Superbike.

Don't think it pulls like your Busa? LOL It has 40 more hp and weighs over 100 lbs less. Put a rider on it and it would destroy a Hayabusa. The Busa is fun and all but don't try to compare it to a modern Superbike.

HP maybe but all of the modern liter bikes are in the 80's on torque. Yes they will eat a stock Busa's lunch if they can get to the rpms but a Busa does have a much friendlier powerband. I have ridden a lot of bikes and the Busa has one of the best powerbands ever.

Also, why is a Panigale a 1299 cc? If it is going to be so track focused why not make it a 1000 so it can compete?

Clearly you’ve never ridden MY Busa.......

Might wanna read up on mine before you ASSume I’m on a regular Busa.

FYI in order for that Panigale to make 40 more HP than my Busa it’ll need to make 265HP to the wheels which it doesn’t sooo :rolleyes:

C94FFB31-EDB4-4D97-98C7-76805B9B277C.jpeg
1E00BC1F-4AA0-404A-B144-01F0890E7EF1.jpeg

In case your wondering.....

Yes those are BST’s
Yes that is an OPP carbon fiber race upper
Yes that is a Ti-Force full titanium exhaust
And YES my Busa weighs sub 500lbs

Last edited:
Ya, you're right. Your Busa is bad to the bone and the Ducati Panigale V4 is a turd. :bowdown:

I’m not brand bashing bye no means..... I ride a Busa and a Harley-Davidson. I’ll ride whatever feels right and makes me excited to hop on. Just wanted to give my opinion and experience on these machines. I’ve always loved the way Ducati’s looked and sound. I was just left somewhat disappointed after riding that new Panigale. For the price and the way it fricking looks I expected to be blown away!!! Granted I only had about a 45 minute test ride. But the Heat alone coming off that thing let me know it wasn’t for me. Then the way it struggled in low rpms in city riding confirmed it. Yeah when I hit some back roads and straight aways the sound and feel let me know I was on a Ducati! However I need a bike that can do it all......
If I was to buy that bike I would only ride it on trackdays and fall/winter rides. Wouldn’t even consider taking it out on a hot summer day. Not unless I’m looking to loose some excess water weight from sweating:fire:

Friend of mine has the new V4, and he's a rider, done several track days and schools, owned lots of sportbikes, blah, blah.
The coolest thing I noticed about it, was to my suprise, the electronically controlled suspension.
For anyone who knows sag, and reading tire wear, you'll understand.
The tire wear looks amazing!
I mean absolutely perfect!
It takes alot of up and down on the stands, and roadside tuning to dial in suspension.
On the Ducati, you sit on it, ride, and it constantly adjusts for perfect sag and handling. I've yet to ride it, but seeing the technology in person, and that it works so well, is just amazing.
I'm old school, and not ready for most electronics, but it is cool to see modern advancements that really work.
Especially thinking that this was nowhere near being available to the masses yet.
But, in the end, it's still a Ducati.
Overpriced, loud, and hot...that depreciates terribly(like any Harley Davidson, lol).
I'll stick with Suzuki.

I'd take an RSV4 over any Duc any day.....

.....but it would have to be parked next to my Busa. Not giving my Busa up for any bike.

Back