Best shop in the southeast to work on my turbo busa

Tnbusa

Registered
Hey guys i have been off and on this forum for years and am on my fifth busa...third with a turbo. I bought this 05 very cheap a year and a half ago from a friend who was in a work accident with the intention of selling back to him when he was able to ride. I just stuck it the corner of my shop and threw a sheet over it. He has no interest in the bike any longer so im gonna get it back on the road. The bike has been sitting for about seven years total. It has a whopping 2900 miles on it lol and is way nicer than I originally thought. The bad...he has become heavily medicated and doesnt remember anything about the build except for he put the kit on and had some guy in Alabama put a R&D trans in it and tune it...he thinks it was around 320 on 12 psi. He was in the process of installing an air shifter and it was a mess so I removed all that crap and in the process unhooked the microtec 2 for the secondarys and the boost controller and have no idea the proper way to hook all this crap up. I did a compression and leak down and the engine is tight. I changed all the fluids and put a battery in it...runs and rides great...shifts smoother than my 14R. So who is recommended to hook this stuff up and tune it? BTW...my first turbo Busa was a 2000 i bought new and had motorhead install a mcxpress kit...my second was Greg Smiths 08...so I dont build em...just ride em..lol

Hey guys i have been off and on this forum for years and am on my fifth busa...third with a turbo. I bought this 05 very cheap a year and a half ago from a friend who was in a work accident with the intention of selling back to him when he was able to ride. I just stuck it the corner of my shop and threw a sheet over it. He has no interest in the bike any longer so im gonna get it back on the road. The bike has been sitting for about seven years total. It has a whopping 2900 miles on it lol and is way nicer than I originally thought. The bad...he has become heavily medicated and doesnt remember anything about the build except for he put the kit on and had some guy in Alabama put a R&D trans in it and tune it...he thinks it was around 320 on 12 psi. He was in the process of installing an air shifter and it was a mess so I removed all that crap and in the process unhooked the microtec 2 for the secondarys and the boost controller and have no idea the proper way to hook all this crap up. I did a compression and leak down and the engine is tight. I changed all the fluids and put a battery in it...runs and rides great...shifts smoother than my 14R. So who is recommended to hook this stuff up and tune it? BTW...my first turbo Busa was a 2000 i bought new and had motorhead install a mcxpress kit...my second was Greg Smiths 08...so I dont build em...just ride em..lol
Hi Tnbusa. I would try and call D M E AT 336-785-4845.

It's worth taking the trip to someone like Rob at boosted cycle or Frank at Powerhouse. These guys specialize in this kinda stuff and we all know they are willing to help us out any way they can. Those are the type of people you want helping you. Not saying the other shops mentioned in this thread are able to, but how much have you seen them offering advice and direction

I may just have to take take another road trip. I have read great things about all the shops above. Thanks for the recommendations.

Good news...got the microtec for the secondary injectors working...bad news...damn bike almost killed me. I got the microtec all hooked up and went for a test ride...very smooth coming on boost..has a 7pound spring and making 7 pounds with the boost control unplugged. The bike felt pretty good so decided to do a hard third gear roll...pulled great for only 7 psi...shifted to fourth and heard a noise...rear of bike kicked violently to the left had to turn bars to lock to keep from going into the drainage ditch at triple digits. After getting stopped I got off shaking and observed the rear tire totally side ways in the swing arm...the chain adjuster on the extended arm are on the rear of the axle...the adjuster pulled the threads completely from the aluminum blocks...wtf. The axle was torqued to 75 ftlbs. The only damage was slight chipping on my powder coated swing arm where it kicked off the chain...also looks like ill need a new pair of fruit of the looms...lol

And this is why I won’t sell ANY swing arms that are set up in that manner.
I am definitely gonna change the adjustment set up. I never had a stretched bike before so just assumed thats how it was supposed to be. The caliper bracket is engraved with "ADAMS" so i guess thats what the arm is.

A picture of this arm would be good for those of us learning what not to have would be great.
u never know the real truth about swingarm failures.... a guy is suing McIntosh because he claims the shock mount just broke off.... I HIGHLY suspect that the shock blew up itself due to piss poor maintenance,...… just an example.... when laying down big power.... STRANGE things happen.... tires may rub undertails…. bike may squat hard and shake crazy(like my 2002).... lots of variables..... rule of thumb...… DME/Mcintosh/Trac dynamics.. but u gotta LOOK at the arm.... if u hit a giant pothole while WOT under 330 hp.... that may twist something...… no matter if jesus Christ built the arm... kinda like u hear stories about the BST wheels breaking...…. even Muhammad ali(the best) was knocked out in his old age.

Last edited:
I'll try and get some pics of the arm and bike this weekend...have no clue as to what turbo kit this thing has. Looks similar to my old MCXpress kit... air to air intercooler...secondary injectors etc...but has different turbo with external tial waste gate and a hks blow off valve on the plenum which has a RCC fuel rail. The secondary controller is microtec. The intercooler is thicker than than the one on my old MCXpress bike. I can also see a base plate spacer.

Reactions: c10
Back