Suzuki patents semi automatic transmission for Busa

All I want and all I need is a slick shifting manually actuated gearbox and clutch.
Suzuki already does that pretty well, why complicate the engineering more and more?
I like the idea that bikes like the 'Busa, powerful and heavy, have the knack of keeping the less experienced on the smaller bikes, therefore the roads are safer.
It's a long journey to the Busa and we have earned our wings.
I don't wanna see some punk ass jump straight off his CBR250 and onto a Busa after only a few years or even less experience.
Not sure how it works where you live, but around this part of the world no one can stop you from walking out of your beginner’s rider class into a dealership and buying the fastest thing they have sitting on that showroom floor.

I'm 6' 4" , 250 lb naked , I reakon if anyones short it might be you bud . The Busa fits me best , It might not be a bike for corners for some , but it sure is for me . Best fun ya can have with your leathers on . Know all about the BMW , wild bike for sure , my mate had one , a '10 model , less electronics .
LOL.. don't get ure panties in a bunch.. u said u didn't fit on a 1000cc and figured what I did... you would fit on a 1000 fine... it just wasn't comfy for u.

Not sure how it works where you live, but around this part of the world no one can stop you from walking out of your beginner’s rider class into a dealership and buying the fastest thing they have sitting on that showroom floor.
Ok, but just because nothing is stopping you from buying a big bike on your beginner's license, it's most likely going to end badly, very soon.
Here in NZ and also Australia we have a graduated license system. It is governed by the power to weight ratio of a motorcycle and 'Learners' cannot punch above their weight.
It's supposed to keep people safe, but it's not an 'idiot proof' system.
When I turned 15 in 1973 we had a 'provisional license', you had restrictions but no restrictions on bike size.
I went for my practical test on my brother's Kawasaki 500 Mach 3. The cop saw it and said to me "Tell me that is NOT your bike!" I told him I had borrowed it for the test and he just shook his head and said "They call those things The Widow Maker, you take that home and I don't want to see you on that again but you can do the test on it today. Go SLOWLY ok??"
I'll never forget those words :banghead:

Ok, but just because nothing is stopping you from buying a big bike on your beginner's license, it's most likely going to end badly, very soon.
Here in NZ and also Australia we have a graduated license system. It is governed by the power to weight ratio of a motorcycle and 'Learners' cannot punch above their weight.
It's supposed to keep people safe, but it's not an 'idiot proof' system.
When I turned 15 in 1973 we had a 'provisional license', you had restrictions but no restrictions on bike size.
I went for my practical test on my brother's Kawasaki 500 Mach 3. The cop saw it and said to me "Tell me that is NOT your bike!" I told him I had borrowed it for the test and he just shook his head and said "They call those things The Widow Maker, you take that home and I don't want to see you on that again but you can do the test on it today. Go SLOWLY ok??"
I'll never forget those words :banghead:

I would have rode by his house and honked the horn...at 100mph

I'm 6' 4" , 250 lb naked , I reakon if anyones short it might be you bud . The Busa fits me best , It might not be a bike for corners for some , but it sure is for me . Best fun ya can have with your leathers on . Know all about the BMW , wild bike for sure , my mate had one , a '10 model , less electronics .

So let me get this straight, you are riding a BMW S1000 naked? We're going to let you slide on the "No picture it didn't happen" rule on that one Lol!

The BMW is probably the most general use friendly of the liter bikes. The Aprillia and Ducati are brutal on top of being very small. The M1, GSXRR and Honda are all very small. I sat on all of them and they feel like little scooters. They are trying to make the liter bikes the size of the 600's. Crazy.

PS: I sat on an R1, not an M1

Last edited:

We call them squids. They buy a crazy powerful bike to look cool and keep it a summer. They either are dead, crash it, or just stop paying for it at the end of the summer. But for a summer they are screaming down the highways with helmet and shorts and open shirts blowing like a cape. You can usually get a like new bike (or minor scratches) at the end of the summer for nothing.

We call them squids. They buy a crazy powerful bike to look cool and keep it a summer. They either are dead, crash it, or just stop paying for it at the end of the summer. But for a summer they are screaming down the highways with helmet and shorts and open shirts blowing like a cape. You can usually get a like new bike (or minor scratches) at the end of the summer for nothing.
You are correct! I experienced this a few weeks ago looking for a concours 14. A ton of dark color bikes on the market compared to lighter color ones. I find a 2016 “like new” bike with less then 4K miles on it and Upon closer inspection............... it had already been dropped on both sides!!! I ended up driving out of state to pick up a used 2016, which reminds me that, I haven’t thread jacked your bimmer thread with my Connie pictures. Lol

I was just reading this article today and the first thing I thought of was the Patent filings for the Hayabusa mentioned here. MV Agusta have been working with Rekluse (well known in enduro bike circles) on this system that sounds kinds cool if a bit expensive answer to a question I never personally asked, but I am sure some would relish this type of thing.

https://www.asphaltandrubber.com/news/mv-agusta-smart-clutch-system-rekluse/
rekluse-radius-EXP-clutch.jpg

Back