Hayabusa GENERATIONS

Raghav

Registered
Hi can anyine throw some light on the difderent generations of hayabusa, there's always a lot of confusion,what year bike is what gen?

2. Please specify the differences if any ?

Thanking you in advance

Hi there mate , well I will try to get it together for you .
Gen 1 1999 to 2007 ;
1299cc motor with less compression , more simplistic and more aerodynamic bodywork , narrower bodywork overall . Unrestricted initially , then restricted top speed after 2000 model year ( I think ) . Lighter weight , axial front brakes with 6 piston calipers and 320mm rotors . First model and some 2000 models fitted with aluminum subframe , steel from then on . Underslung rear brake caliper / stay arm and slightly narrower swingarm . Slightly narrower front triple clamp overall width with narrower lower body diameter fork .
Gen 2 2008 to current ;
1340cc motor more compression ( basically thorough factory enhancement ) , more power and torque ,different airbox , more bulbous bodywork , slightly less aerodynamic . Restricted top speed , heavier bike than Gen 1. Radial front brakes , 4 piston calipers and 310mm rotors . Different instrument cluster , rear caliper over slung swingarm mounted . Better rear shock . New wheels . ABS from L3 2013 model .
Quicker than Gen 1 , and about as outright fast unrestricted .
Could be a bit off on some of that , someone sure to be able to put us right and also add to that .

This is my old 2006 Gen 1 Hayabusa. It has 2004 black and purple fairings.

received_1607180785963641.jpeg

This is my current 2011 Gen 2.

00s0s_gFsdtj18b0p_600x450.jpg

I knew I was getting on another Busa. Wouldn't have minded another gen 1 since I had a GPR stabilizer left over from my wreck. However, I always wanted a gen 2 and was very pleased to find out the steering damper fits both generations.

Hi there mate , well I will try to get it together for you .
Gen 1 1999 to 2007 ;
1299cc motor with less compression , more simplistic and more aerodynamic bodywork , narrower bodywork overall . Unrestricted initially , then restricted top speed after 2000 model year ( I think ) . Lighter weight , axial front brakes with 6 piston calipers and 320mm rotors . First model and some 2000 models fitted with aluminum subframe , steel from then on . Underslung rear brake caliper / stay arm and slightly narrower swingarm . Slightly narrower front triple clamp overall width with narrower lower body diameter fork .
Gen 2 2008 to current ;
1340cc motor more compression ( basically thorough factory enhancement ) , more power and torque ,different airbox , more bulbous bodywork , slightly less aerodynamic . Restricted top speed , heavier bike than Gen 1. Radial front brakes , 4 piston calipers and 310mm rotors . Different instrument cluster , rear caliper over slung swingarm mounted . Better rear shock . New wheels . ABS from L3 2013 model .
Quicker than Gen 1 , and about as outright fast unrestricted .
Could be a bit off on some of that , someone sure to be able to put us right and also add to that .
Thanks a ton mate....this helped.... so my hayabusa which i got in 2016 is gen 2....

IMG-20160522-WA0008.jpeg

Back