ZRX1200 in the works

E Zurcher

Registered
A friend of mine is selling a 92 ZRX1200 and I am going to pick it up from him since the price is good and I lusted after Eddie Lawson Replica bikes since high school. In the little bit of research I have done I can see some suspension work will be in order and flipping the chain tensioner will quicken up the steering a bit. I intend to restore it like factory new. Should be a good partner for the 09 Busa. Any hints or tips from fellow Org members?

1992 ? 1997 was first year in European market . 1999 came to USA , 2001 up 100+ cc from 1052 cc to 1164 cc 1200's have liner less cylinders , 36 mm CVK Kehin carburetors . I go by c10 on the ZRXOA if your in the UK you have ZRXOC . The engine in my avatar is a 1100 punched and stroked to 1195cc dry block 13 to 1 comp .
Rob Muzzy hand ported the head , and muzzy also cast the block .

Sorry 2002 Z R X 1200 R *

Own two of these puppies & they are a lot of FUN ~ not nearly as fast as my Hayabusa & still FUN *

ZRXs.JPG

I had a 2001 ZRX1200 and loved it. I'm sorry I sold it. I did Race Tech Gold valves and springs in the forks and the shocks were okay for my weight (195lbs). I would get a full exhaust system and jet kit, rebuild the front calipers if they need it (hate them six piston calipers) and they will; Corbin seat, and bigger wind screen.

Back