What do use to clean your Busa?

If you don't see rubber whiskers sticking out of the chain and stuck to the wheel, you're probably ok.

I looked carefully at my o-rings when I removed my chain and it appeared that they had been squeezed and/or worn into this kind of shape. A delicate flange seems to have developed against the inside of the plates.
Oring.wear.jpg

I'm sure this was what was breaking off. It started as soon as I took the bike for a ride after cleaning the chain with WD-40. I quit using WD and the whiskers stopped. I don't think WD is horribly destructive but I'm convinced it does some damage. I just use kerosene. It works just as good. I use a Grunge Brush and a denture brush at the same time and that hits all 4 sides of the chain. I don't see a reason to risk using WD on the chain. When/if my current chain ever wears out, I will probably try WD-40 on it to see if the whisker phenomenon repeats itself.

I cant be quiet any longer. The WD-40 bashing must stop! :fire:
I have over 30,000 miles on my stock chain and Sprockets, and they have never seen anything but WD-40! All this hooey about it degrading o-rings and orphaning small children is simply not fact based. I have personally soaked O-rings from an RK 630 O-ring chain in WD40 in a jar for several months to check for swelling, deformation or degradation and there was none. I hit my chain with it after practically every ride and clean it with the same, every thousand miles or so. Easy to clean up with the wipe of a paper towel.

I have had an EK chain and some sprockets in my basket on Amazon for over a year now, thinking that surely the stockers were ready to go south. I was thinking it was time recently, until I found out the cush drive was the cause of all the play.

I just changed my cush drive Rubbers a little while ago and here is what the stock sprocket looked like after a quick wipe with paper towels.
View attachment 1579776
looks like u kept it really clean.. but it does have pretty deep gooves on it... I wouldn't put a new chain on it.. might wanna think about driveline for this season... good excuse to do it:)

Maguire's Ultimate Quick detailer and Ultimate spray wax with microfiber towels from Costco. My bike has seen water from a hose twice since I've owned it. It looks like it just came off the showroom floor after 55000 miles.

Streets are talking . . .

RedBull got slapped by Shook .

14e9271ddb7f45115c9ffb48818a1980.jpg

I am going to address this right now with everybody here on one of my favorite forums . . .

If you ever have a problem with me, please call me so that we can talk about it !

If you do not have my personal iPhone number to Face-time me .

Then that means you don't know me well enough !

So you should not have a problem !

I am here to try & do good.

Please take note.

Red, *<(;{)-

Last edited:
View attachment 1579789

I am going to address this right now with everybody here on one of my favorite forums . . .

If you ever have a problem with me, please call me so that we can talk about it !

Please take note.

Red, *<(;{)-
lol.. ure from cali... I thought u would get it... its a song... I swapped ure name

I wont go so far as to say my bike never sees a hose; but damn near! The only time I resort to the hose and bucket routine is after a long rain ride. Other than that I use nothing but Lemon Pledge, served me well for the last several decades.
I’m with this guy. Lemon pledge on everything and a wrap with wd40 for the wheels. If she is super filthy, then I pull out the hose.

View attachment 1579789

Please take note.

Red, *<(;{)-
"Lost" your number. I'm gonna need that.
Rubb. (.)(.)

Back