Inline five Hayabusa

Only thing to do now before assembly is to balancing crankshaft and hone one cylinder to fit a stock piston. Valve cover was not able to weld, sow I used a strong glue and screw it together.

IMG_1408.JPG

IMG_1338.JPG

I think it still needs a turbo. If a 4 cylinder can easily make 300 hp with turbo, that's going to top your NA 5 cylinder and probably weigh less too.
might be true BUT.... a inline 5 cylinder with some spray would produce ungodly torque at low rpms AND a hell of a rush up top... a 300 hp nitrous bike outruns a 300 hp turbo bike in the 1/4. this motor would make for a NASTY grudge bike

a inline 5 cylinder with some spray would produce ungodly torque at low rpms AND a hell of a rush up top... a 300 hp nitrous bike outruns a 300 hp turbo bike in the 1/4. this motor would make for a NASTY grudge bike

OK, that settles it. B.E must turn this into a nitrous bike then. Or nitrous and turbo would be fine for me. :laugh: :shocked:

Aren't you guys getting the cart before the horse? Scabbing a cylinder onto an engine is no small task. There are huge control, fueling, and balancing issues. Not to mention tests on the integrity of the altered cases. First they have to get the engine running, then be sure there are no vibration issues (catastrophic or just harmonics). Once the engine runs clean, they can look at max power output. I suppose they could plan for future things like compression ratios for a turbo, but I'm sure just making sure the altered crank is both balanced and strong enough to be reliable are first priorities. Let B develop his project and get it running!

Aren't you guys getting the cart before the horse? Scabbing a cylinder onto an engine is no small task. There are huge control, fueling, and balancing issues. Not to mention tests on the integrity of the altered cases. First they have to get the engine running, then be sure there are no vibration issues (catastrophic or just harmonics). Once the engine runs clean, they can look at max power output. I suppose they could plan for future things like compression ratios for a turbo, but I'm sure just making sure the altered crank is both balanced and strong enough to be reliable are first priorities. Let B develop his project and get it running!
the motor is never gonna be stone reliable... but as long as everything is strong and balanced it sure would be fun... another lesson everone learns while pioneering anything is going fast is TOUGH on parts.. think about the first guys running big amounts of spray or turbo.... do u think they knew ALL THE RULES like they do today? no way.. they only know this stuff TODAY because many many motors exploded/ melted and they investigated why they failed afterward... all the rules we have today for going turbo are there because of experimentation... we know that 1/2 studs are necessary to hold these motors together... I would think that special attention would have to be paid to getting the extra cylinder on there... but he seems like an old school guy willing to try... I like it... "SPRAYIN and praying"... testing welds since 1940.

Back