Earthquake Pics from ChCh NZ

Kiwi Rider

Registered
Here's a pic that you never wanna come home to......
A boulder the size of a bus at high speed went straight through the house, didn't even bother knocking first.
No-one was hurt or killed thank the Lord!
I have more pics if anyone is interested, also high resolution picks of the Kaikoura Earthquake damage to the roads, rail, hillsides etc.

Boulder thru front door.jpg

Shite ... seriously scarey bro , is that your house !!! Man that is crazy mad luck no one died :eek: !!! Got to buy a lottery ticket after that , for sure . Thanks for posting Kiwi Rider , makes suburban life in South Oz seem a lot more tame , and thankfully , a hell of a lot less randomly dangerous . :thumbsup:

When did this occur?

Huh?? You didn't hear about the ChCh Earthquakes? It was Feb 22 2011 at 12.56pm. It was a huge quake, killed 185 people. Google it man, it destroyed the city centre and eastern suburbs.
We've had over 13000 quakes since.

Shite ... seriously scarey bro , is that your house !!! Man that is crazy mad luck no one died :eek: !!! Got to buy a lottery ticket after that , for sure . Thanks for posting Kiwi Rider , makes suburban life in South Oz seem a lot more tame , and thankfully , a hell of a lot less randomly dangerous . :thumbsup:
Not my house thank God, but my house did get damaged and Red-Zoned, holes upened up in my back yard and liquifaction spewed out, filling up the yard up to my knees in depth. I had to move out and take an insurance pay out. I bought a property in Darfield, a 'safe' 30 miles west.

Huh?? You didn't hear about the ChCh Earthquakes? It was Feb 22 2011 at 12.56pm. It was a huge quake, killed 185 people. Google it man, it destroyed the city centre and eastern suburbs.
We've had over 13000 quakes since.
In fairness to Captain, it was big news in some countries and in some countries not so.

In fairness to Captain, it was big news in some countries and in some countries not so.
Australia sent emergency first responders and equipment to help out . I believe there was talk of possibly rebuilding the city elsewhere at one stage . Because Aussies and Kiwis are Anzacs , we have a strong bond of mateship , and we back each other through both the good and bad times . Both our countries train our Armies together with the US forces . We also send first responders to the US for help in situations such as the Californian wild fires . Important to back your mates . :thumbsup:

Australia sent emergency first responders and equipment to help out . I believe there was talk of possibly rebuilding the city elsewhere at one stage . Because Aussies and Kiwis are Anzacs , we have a strong bond of mateship , and we back each other through both the good and bad times . Both our countries train our Armies together with the US forces . We also send first responders to the US for help in situations such as the Californian wild fires . Important to back your mates . :thumbsup:
Not to a rude " bugger" but if we are friends your damn government needs a kick up the arse for treating kiwis living over there like crap :-(

Not to a rude " bugger" but if we are friends your damn government needs a kick up the arse for treating kiwis living over there like crap :-(
In fairness to the Aussies, there's a hell of a lot of no hoper Kiwis in Australia bludging off the tax payer, I like the way the Aussies stand up to the bullshit and say 'enuff's enuff!'
I lived in WA (Perth) in the mid '80's and I was treated well by the Govt, not so well by my true blue Aussie work mates, who took the piss every opportunity they could, but hey, I gave it back to them and they were pretty good sports about it. Oh, apart from throwing me off a wharf into the Swan River at South Perth at a Xmass piss up. Lol !

Hey mate , you must be referring to the biggest arseholes of all , those liberal turds in power , Abbott first now Turnbull , and a fat assed fresh ex Kiwi .... Barnaby Joyce 2nd in command . I see you pissed off your nasty lot running your own patch recently . All very cunning nasty bunch as never before . When I refered to friends , its non political , old school mateship , otherwise it could become a free for all ... I try hard not to comment on politics , but some things , like corruption , media moguls etc are fair game .

Back