Tank Protector

04 Limited Busa

Registered
Looking at a Progrip 5007 clear tank pad so it won’t cover my stripe on the tank. Is this a good choice or any other recommendations?

I don't know offhand of any brand that sells clear tank pads , but if you do end up considering one which will cover some of the tank , I think the carbon tank protector is a good choice . The look is Certainly not for everyone , but if you do like it , there are a few different makers , including a couple of Japanese for Busa , Magical Racing and Cleverwolf (Japan Webike) . I run the second companies , and have plain carbon , but the other option is twill weave . They weigh nothing , and does stop quite a bit of scuffing , and can be buffed up fairly easily by cloth . The price varies , and there is always the added post to consider with those mentioned . Evilbay sometimes lists examples of either manufacturer .

DSCF1327.JPG

DSCF1307.JPG

I made my own tank protector kit out of 3M Scotchgard paint protection film. This stuff is awesome and barely visible unless you look close. I attached 3 patters that are printable but the top pieces need to be printed on 11X17 Ledger size paper. The other 2 can just be printed at 8.5X11.

Attachments

• REAR TANK PROTECTOR.PDF
    6.2 KB · Views: 159
  • TANK SIDES.PDF
    6.3 KB · Views: 116
  • TOP TANK COVER PATTERN_HALF.PDF
    14.4 KB · Views: 134
Tec Spec has worked well for me. Of course, you will not be able to see through it but the small pad has kept the paint scuff free. The stripes are vinyl so that in itself is scuff resistant but the bare part has no marks at all.

techspec2.jpg

Pretty sure he is not looking for a tank protecter that sits on the top rear portion, but rather a grip. I have the progrip and reall like it. It still lets me slide on and off of it, but when I squeeze the tank, it holds very well. Not bad looking either.
Troy

image.jpeg

Bagster do leather tank covers that are colour matched to the bike 9including stripes). Not sure if you guys can get these in the states or not. Bagster

Back