Speed Issue Gen 1

Bo.D

Registered
My 99' has been acting up once I get it up around 70-90 mph acts if it wants to catch another gear but it's taching out doesn't want to release that pressure for six gear so it can go....I've changed out my clutch and still samething anyone have any clue what's wrong

My tachometer is it's whining in six gear like it needs to release that pressure so I can get up in my speed but it's resisting

By 'taching out' do you mean the revs seem high compared to your speed? If so, your clutch may need some work.

I still have no clue what ya mean in your description.
I'm a professional automotive tech and we in the trade describe problems with a degree of technical accuracy.
When you say it's whining in sixth gear, is it the tacho whining or is it the engine? Or... is it the girlfriend/wife on the back?
As said by Bobby914, you need to verify the secondary drive ratio (front and rear sprockets) is standard or has been altered to 'gear it down'.
If the sprockets are standard gearing, as said by CBXRider it may very well be a slipping clutch.
Or.. if it's the tacho whining chuck it away and get a new one... Same goes for the girlfriend/wife!

Thanks cbxrider I'll try that...this kiwi guy man you should just keep professional people would probably take you and your help serious

Thanks cbxrider I'll try that...this kiwi guy man you should just keep professional people would probably take you and your help serious
These guys are taking time out of their life to trying to help and make sense out of your post. You answered none of their questions for them to try to help. You should be thanking them for not calling you a idiot. If you wasn’t some one to be professional hire one.

Back