JINKSTER ATTACKS "SUSPENSION"

well ive had my busa 4 days and after the horror ride home suspension was first on the get done menu.

the guy who had it before must have been very short as the bike was so high at the front it was dangerous.

been sorting the settings for a few rides and happy with what ive done .

im 13stone and a bit kitted so 180-190lbs

ive set the rear preload at 20mm thread showing and 2 clicks firmer top and bottom.

front forks are set at comp 5 rebound 5 and preload at level with yoke top.

its running new mitch pilot road2ct tyres and it now performs as it should.

neutral steering and the front recovers better when cornering as rebound was way to stiff at 2-3 as per manual.

if your my weight give that a try if your struggling with front end feel:thumbsup:

scrap the above:laugh:

new springs fitted and shock sorted :thumbsup:

bike is now behaving like a big fast bike should:thumbsup:

what about the little adusters on top and bottom??Any suggestions on tweaking those??I know they fine tune it some.

Hey Jinkster or anyone that can help me I just got a 2006 busa the thing is a beast but the suspension is sooo effing stiff my bike has been lowered and stretched but the suspension up front and back is terrible i feel every bump according to the manual the suspension is in stock position i soften the suspension up front to 3 but still stiff what can i do

Hi, been checking this thread for a long while and a big thank you to all that have posted.I have adjusted my 2005 to Jinks advice and was really impressed (nice one mate).
I have now fine tuned mine to suit my 86kg weight (naked) and preferences and have settled on the following :

One ring showing on top fork preloed,both comp and rebound set to 2 clicks back from max.
One full rotation to harden rear preload spring on rear and both rear comp and rear damp 3 clicks back from max.

this seems to work for me on all my varied roads and tracks.Its a compromise, but one that I am loving for me, suspension is a personal thing.Plus I run 36psi front and 37/38 rear psi.Still using the old technology "Rennsports".

Hope this helps someone maybe and a big thank you for all who have posted and put me on right road.Many thanks to all...andy g (uk)

Hi everyone, greetings from Greece.
I've read Jinkster's post (thanks, man!) and I tried a few adjustments on my 06 busa's OEM suspension. After several hours of road-testing with different settings, I finally concluded at these:
Front Back
preload 3 lines shown preload stock setting
rebound 3 clicks out rebound 10 clicks out
compression 4 clicks out compression 7 clicks out
As you can see it's exactly like Jinkster's settings except of preload, both front and back. That's because I weigh 74 kg and Jinkster's preload settings are based on his weight (way bigger than me!!). The rest of his settings are just fine with me, considering that most of the Greek roads are in bad shape, narrow, curvy and bumpy. So I recommend these settings to anyone who's close to my weight and wants a sportier/racier/a bit stiffer setting for his busa.
Drive safe, Kleanthis

well that's impressive..posted this thread almost 8 years ago and it's still here and folks still finding it useful..makes me happy inside..ride on my brothers...ride on. :thumbsup:

So is the 17mm socket the way you adjust your sag? Should you do this with a full tank of gas as that vs almost empty would be a big difference in weight?
Is the 33% rule golden for all sport bikes?

Don't have enough words to thank you Bill! Thanks for the explanation and the write up!!! Am very happy with this configuration.

Bump for a great thread !!!!! I'm about to set my busa up for my weight (about 200 with gear). Can anyone tell me how many clicks the front rebound adjustments has? The one on top of the front forks. Thanks.

Bump for a great thread !!!!! I'm about to set my busa up for my weight (about 200 with gear). Can anyone tell me how many clicks the front rebound adjustments has? The one on top of the front forks. Thanks.

At around 200lbs, a gen2 should be 4 or 5 clicks counter clockwise. That should get you close.

Ben; This is funny as I have been reading this thread the last couple of days and thought about bumping it and here you were looking at it too almost five years later.

Hey does anyone know how The Jinkster is doing these days. Seems like a real good guy?

Thanks for the writeup. Used it when I got the bike a few years ago and went back trough it today. While waiting for my forks to get back I pulled the rear spring and set it up factory to start fresh.

Another quick question. I was adjusting my preloaders and i noticed that the right one was a little tough to turn but the left was very easy. The right kinda took two hands to turn and the left was so easy to turn I could almost do it with just the socket by hand. Is this something I should be worried about? Thanks.

Back