Avalanche Grey Plasti-dipped Hayabusa

Nice work on dip as always. That SLC is awesome. I would love to see more pics of it.

I need to sit down and figure how to post pictures using something other than PB... Here's a couple of albums, probably easier to flip through.

EDIT: Well, not near as easy as PB, but it's a start. I just wish I could make folder AND sub-folders to keep stuff organized.

36475159371_6641aa9800_z.jpg

OkyKOkn.jpg

35777799404_e2341d01e1_z.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I seriously had a conversation with omslaw last night about "needing to get that shop built, we don't do enough together and wouldn't it be cool to have a project" as I showed him your build...... :poke:

I seriously had a conversation with omslaw last night about "needing to get that shop built, we don't do enough together and wouldn't it be cool to have a project" as I showed him your build...... :poke:

I totally agree and sooner the better too, I can't imagine life without a shop now... Looking back it's been a very long road though... Even though I started saving for this project over 10yrs ago, there seemed to be a lot of steps that had to be taken prior to being able to build the car.... First was moving out of the old house with a single car carport that was in the ghetto (busa was built and lived in my living room there, for security reasons), although we stayed there because it allow us to save easier so we could build our (as my wife calls it) dream home which of course had to include my shop at the same time. I've always known a bay was dedicated to a project car. :)

Now if the temps here in Louisiana would only cool off so I can get more time out there, hope to get alot accomplished over the fall/winter/spring. I hope to get it registered within a year, but that may be not enough time. Quite unreal all the stuff that goes into building something like this, as I've figured out it'd been easier to restore (or resto-mod) an older car....at least everything has a place to go where as this you get to figure it out along the way with "basic" instructions.

I totally agree and sooner the better too, I can't imagine life without a shop now... Looking back it's been a very long road though... Even though I started saving for this project over 10yrs ago, there seemed to be a lot of steps that had to be taken prior to being able to build the car.... First was moving out of the old house with a single car carport that was in the ghetto (busa was built and lived in my living room there, for security reasons), although we stayed there because it allow us to save easier so we could build our (as my wife calls it) dream home which of course had to include my shop at the same time. I've always known a bay was dedicated to a project car. :)

Now if the temps here in Louisiana would only cool off so I can get more time out there, hope to get alot accomplished over the fall/winter/spring. I hope to get it registered within a year, but that may be not enough time. Quite unreal all the stuff that goes into building something like this, as I've figured out it'd been easier to restore (or resto-mod) an older car....at least everything has a place to go where as this you get to figure it out along the way with "basic" instructions.

That's dedication! 10 years of saving and planning....all of my money currently goes in to concerts, but maybe sticking around the house and building a car would be a new bucket list item to consider.

I wish I had the time and your talent. I always love seeing your dips and wish I could do one myself.

Plus the kit car is super cool.

That's dedication! 10 years of saving and planning....all of my money currently goes in to concerts, but maybe sticking around the house and building a car would be a new bucket list item to consider.
I have to agree, looking back it went quick... But in reality, not so much. I do just as you say and stick around the house most of the time. Heck, our first vacation in 7 years was last week. Having a shop, you actually want to stay home though because you're always working on something. That's also a negative, you ALWAYS have stuff to do, which is nice and sucks at the same time, lol. Taking on the SLC as a project is extremely overwhelming prior to getting the car. Not as much anymore, but still tons of time. I think EVERYONE else was more excited than I was to get the car. They all saw a cool car, where as all I see is a crapload of time and money, lol.

I wish I had the time and your talent. I always love seeing your dips and wish I could do one myself.

Plus the kit car is super cool.

Zero talent honestly and anyone can dip. The stuff is extremely forgiving and makes me look good. If you can pull your fairings off, you can definitely dip your bike. It is a little addicting though but every single time it feels like I bought a brand new bike. :)

Bro i almost bought this bike you never knew it. I had the cash, called shipping companies but found a gem locally. I saw it on Cycle trader it was yellow

Bro i almost bought this bike you never knew it. I had the cash, called shipping companies but found a gem locally. I saw it on Cycle trader it was yellow

Welcome to the ORG!

Can't beat locally for sure. Yep it was yellow when I sold it, kinda have some regrets on selling it but in a couple of months my SLC will be back painted and running. I'll forget all about it when I'm behind the wheel of it, until the Gen 3 comes out and I'll be one of the first in line to purchase one. Been considering a project bike until then since who knows when Suzuki will actually release it.

You did awesome on that bike! What motor is going into the SLC?

Thanks! It made me look good,was just photogenic bike in my opinion. SLC had a 525hp crate LS3 mated to a Grazaino transaxle (Lamborghini/Audi). It'll eventually get a set of drop gears to to be more usable but it can take the HP and way better gearing than a Porsche G50 that's flipped around

Back