Avalanche Grey Plasti-dipped Hayabusa

InfiniteReality

Registered
Dip #6 finished, for once I went subtle. About half way through the gallon, it was looking kind of plain... so since I had some interference blue pearl on hand, figured what the hell and added 25g to the actual dip to the last half. Normally you put the pearl in the TopCoat for the full effect, but I didn't want it to overwhelm the Avalanche Grey. Until I was finished I was undecided on if I wanted it matte or gloss, but decided it needed to be gloss so it didn't look too much like primer.

IMG_4678.jpg

IMG_4687.jpg

IMG_4691.jpg

IMG_4696.jpg

IMG_4707.jpg

IMG_4715.jpg

IMG_4724.jpg

IMG_4738.jpg

IMG_4739.jpg

IMG_4742.jpg

IMG_4751.jpg

IMG_4759.jpg

IMG_4767.jpg

IMG_4770.jpg

IMG_4783.jpg

IMG_4789.jpg

IMG_4808.jpg

and my favorite picture...
IMG_4787.jpg

For shits and grins, in order, here's the colors I've gone with......so far.

White: 1 gallon white base
Plasti-Dip%20-%20White.jpg

Electric Lime Green: 1 gallon electric lime green base. Iguana green pearl mixed in dip
Plasti-Dip%20-%20Electric%20Lime%20Green.jpg

Ice Blue: 1 gallon light blue base with 2 bottles of white tint. 1 pint TopCoat with pearl mixed in
Plasti-Dip%20-%20Ice%20Blue.jpg

Hypershift ZTN: 1 gallon black base, 3/4 gallon TopCoat with 10g Hypershift ZTN pearl mixed in
Plasti-Dip%20-%20Hypershift%20ZTN.jpg

Firebelly Orange: 1 gallon white base. 1 gallon Firebelly Orange. This color DOES fade, way quicker than expected.
Plasti-Dip%20-%20Firebelly%20Orange.jpg

Avalanche Grey: 1 gallon matte clear with 1 can of Avalanche Grey ProLine tint. 25g Interference Blue pearl mixed in last half of the gallon of dip. 1 pint of TopCoat
Plasti-Dip%20-%20Avalanche%20Grey.jpg

I appreciate it! Every time I start the process, I forget it's not just a couple hour job, lol. Have to peel, pull bike apart, get all nooks and crannies, wipe down, tape off, wipe down again, dip, re-install, cut new graphics and apply them.

Made a little video of all the colors it's been over the past few years if anyone is interested.

Still like the hypershift best but this is cool. Are you going to be able to stand a "normal" colored bike? He He He.

Like all the color variations. Think if I was gonna permently change the color of mine I really like either the Ice Blue or Firebelly Orange

the hypershift pearl ... what would that run to do again? :D

That was my most expensive dip, most costs under $100. I mainly did it for something unique. $55 gallon black base, $35 (x2) 5g ZTN pearl, $90 gallon of TopCoat. $215 was total cost of that. I had 1/4 gallon of the TopCoat left over and used it this time around for avalanche grey.

If I had to do the Hypershift again, I would go with ZTZ. This color came out less than 2 weeks after I purchased mine. On a car DYC did, the ZTN appeared mainly green it seemed, but on the busa purple was the main color. ZTZ is the opposite of it so I think it'd look better.

Does everyone in your neighborhood just assume you keep trading bikes?! Very nice, as always!! :bowdown:

Does everyone in your neighborhood just assume you keep trading bikes?! Very nice, as always!! :bowdown:

Thank you! I'm not really sure, only 1 neighbor knows I do it, so likely so. I'll admit before I dipped it electric lime green a few years ago I was seriously considering selling the busa because I didn't ride it much then and wanted the money to start a new project. Like you said, it's like a new bike and after I dipped it then, it lit a fire under my ass and over 10k miles later I'm thankful because I would have regretted selling it.

It did push my new project back a bit, but also allowed me to save longer (over 10yrs in total) to get every option I wanted for my kit car, plus engine and transaxle, a Superlite SLC. Now I get to build it and still ride as much as I can.

IMG_4847.JPG

Thank you! I'm not really sure, only 1 neighbor knows I do it, so likely so. I'll admit before I dipped it electric lime green a few years ago I was seriously considering selling the busa because I didn't ride it much then and wanted the money to start a new project. Like you said, it's like a new bike and after I dipped it then, it lit a fire under my ass and over 10k miles later I'm thankful because I would have regretted selling it.

It did push my new project back a bit, but also allowed me to save longer (over 10yrs in total) to get every option I wanted for my kit car, plus engine and transaxle, a Superlite SLC. Now I get to build it and still ride as much as I can.

View attachment 1574476

Ummmmm I think I need this!!!!! Seriously, how cool!!!!!

Damn i was interested till i saw it was 80k for the one i wanted built...minus engine and dt.

Thanks! It's very cool and very well built mechanically and body, which is uncommon in the kit car world.

It's not cheap by any means and there's also stuff other than just the engine and transaxle. For instance I have $700 worth of SS hardware for attaching stuff. But then again there's not many of them on the road. I've only started and I could have bought a new Z06 so far and I still have to assemble, lol, but you can't ever say you built a Z06. It's dumb, but it's a childhood dream of mine to build a car from the ground up. SLC is something to be proud of when done.

If you want a cheaper option, although not as good of a car, check out factory five GTM. I wanted this originally until I did research on it and just didn't make logical sense to me personally. 20yr old suspension designed for a front engine vehicle was my first issue. Also make sure you are awesome at bodywork and fitment.

If anyone wants, I'll post a link to my Photobucket album that has alot more pictures.

Back