Remember The Days!

ggus70

Registered
Remember the days when you new your neighbors, you talked with them had drinks with them, people were friendly, people spent time outside! Maybe it's just my street, anyway one of the oh so friendly neighbors called the cops on me because I was riding my bike up and down my street, was not going fast was doing nothing stupid but one of them still called cop was nice about it just checked my papers and such and asked me not do it anymore funny thing was three of them showed up cop told me they had a report of someone blowing donuts on my street with a bike! What happened to the days when someone had problem they came and talked to you about it. I miss those days!

Remember the days when you new your neighbors,
you talked with them had drinks with them,
people were friendly, people spent time outside !

Maybe it's just my street,
anyway one of the oh so friendly neighbors
called the cops on me because I was riding my bike up and down my street,
was not going fast was doing nothing stupid but one of them still called cop was nice about it
just checked my papers and such and asked me not do it anymore funny thing was three of them showed up cop told me
they had a report of someone blowing donuts on my street with a bike!

What happened to the days when someone had problem they came and talked to you about it.

I miss those days!

I know my neighbors pretty good ~ coast my bike into our neighborhood . . .

15876698_371669049879100_8721886016081756160_n.jpg

Give us the address, would love to bring a big doughnut group along for a Sunday afternoon burn-out session.:drool:

Just jokin, but you are right, not sure if it is the new style of politics, or why people have become self centered in general lately.

We were a group of six cyclists last week, doing an early morning ride. (bicycles) Woman comes from behind, so we go single file allowing her to pass. She decides to stay behind us and follows us for approximately 45 minutes to the end of our ride. Then she starts taking pictures with her phone and when we ask why all she gives is a dirty look. Cop arrives and first she craps all over the cop for taking so long to respond to her 911 call. Long discussion follows and then the cop walks over to us and says:

"The right thing for me to do is come and talk to you, as she made a 911 call complaining about you guys riding abreast and blocking the road. She said she was going to be late for work because of you. She said she followed you for 45 minutes? When I asked her if she would have been late if she did not follow you, she said I am rude and will report this to my supervisor. When I explained to her that you folks have a right to be on the road and are entitled to the entire lane, she said that is unreasonable as she has to pay for tags, while we don't. When I told her that means for her she needs both a licence and tags, it is a privilege, while you folks have a right, she threw a tantrum. Then she complained about the fact that you folks probably don't have jobs, while she is now late for her work. When I asked her why she could not appreciate the fact that you may have earned retirement and she should grant you that privilege, she again threatened to call my supervisor. So, we called my Supervisor, who suggested that if she wants to take this further, a sobriety test may be in order and perhaps I should bring her to the station. Folks, you be safe, just doing my job, so I had to come talk to you."

Last edited:
Oh that was back when you asked "Hey who are you voting for?" Mr x" Oh really what do you think about Mr Y?" yada yada 'Oh I see well I will think about that thanks"
NOW IT"S "Hey who are you voting for/" Mr X "YOU STUPID FOOL!" followed with an array of violence...
What happened in the last 30 years?

Oh and BTW two weeks ago the cops came out to my place with a vet to check my horses because a neighbor called to complain my horses were too thin (winter duh). The vet said they looked fine but the cop wanted to make something of it. :devil:

When I first bought my house I expected the welcoming neighbors and the trays of food. Lol it never happened you have to get out and meet your neighbors. With social media people have become unsocial and don't know how to communicate.

I'm lucky where I live we greet new and old neighbors alike with a drink and a hand shake. And when you hear a bike roll in you are like sweet they are home. Only down side is you get judged riding wheelies down the street or stoppies in the front yard if they are weak you get called on it.

Some of my neighbors hate the bike with a passion, one even threatened a guy that likes to help me work on it. Someone posted up another neighbor being a hooligan last year and two women sent a week talking about me even though the guy making the post stated not the old man day one LMBO. I drive 30 max in the hood try to never go out early in the morning or come in late at night.

fugg em

When I first bought my house I expected the welcoming neighbors and the trays of food.

Lol it never happened you have to get out and meet your neighbors.

With social media people have become unsocial and don't know how to communicate.

I'm lucky where I live we greet new and old neighbors alike with a drink and a hand shake.

And when you hear a bike roll in you are like sweet they are home.

Only down side is you get judged riding wheelies down the street or stoppies in the front yard if they are weak you get called on it.

Our neighbors have one of those neighborhood watch social media links ~ my old lady updates me on coyote sighting & vehicles that shouldn't be here . . .

17438478_1298897603530371_1673737884688973824_n.jpg

We would rather entertain on the back porch ~ follow along @ www.Instagram.com/RocketRedC . . .

Back