Not A Dual Sport, But Love Playing In The Dirt Too.

twotonevert

Member of P.E.A.
Donating Member
Registered
Lets see what you got. We have an 03 CRF150F and a CRF450R. Had some clean up to do on Juli's bike. My 450 was pristine the day I brought it home.
20150228_122332.jpg
20150228_122342.jpg
IMG_9325.jpg

Just bought a super clean(35 hrs.)2007 CRF 450R and it's being delivered this afternoon,has all kinds of extras(pipe,etc.)and looks practically brand new.I haven't been on a dirt bike in 40 years and they say the 450 is a beast so this should be a fun/scary learning curve.:laugh:Ended up getting it for $2700 including an Ogio stand and delivered from Murietta(25 miles south)so seemed like a decent deal.

https://www.cycletrader.com/listing/2007-Honda-CRF-450R-121174109

Me too...but I try to stay off dirtbikes anymore, it's helped me live longer!
Did 250B mx a couple seasons way back when.
Now I usually stay on 4 wheels in the woods. Riding my friends 4wheelers until I finish mine.
I have my 660 Raptor project.
It'll be a 727cc 65+hp, and go close to 90mph whenever I finish.
I have an engine(hafta rebuild it)
And what you see in the pic.
Started with a frame, and bought everything else.
I'm over 2k in what you see so far.
got about 8k to go, lol...and buy another gsxr1k.
I used to have toys...who knew married w kid cost so much, hahaha
20170216_190223.jpg

I have been wanting a wide ratio bike for a while now. They make great woods bikes. Hopefully I wont have to buy my kid another bike for a while and will have a chance to replace oit 230 for a wr250.

You're correct about them making great woods/trail bikes, just the right size and weight. My buddy has a 450 and while I REALLY like the power of his bike it becomes a bit too much on the tighter trails. Besides, i can get myself into plenty of trouble with this little guy. The wide ratio gearbox took a little getting used to after being on pure moto bikes all those years, but now that I'm used to it I'm a big fan.

My thought were with that bike and a Recluse clutch a guy should be able to go just about anywhere pretty easily. I know what your talking about, I have a CRF450R and with the light flywheel that thing SUCKS in the woods.

I havent had my 450 in the woods yet. I am happy to be blessed with thousands of square miles of desert and dirt to play in.

Took my 450R to a local track(Lake Elsinore)yesterday and found I'm not in any shape(255 lbs. and weak legs)to be jumping,came down too hard on the 1st one and wasn't ready for it(now right shoulder feels like I have an ice pick in it every time I try to lift my arm over my head)and legs feel like I've done too many squats.:laugh:Had a blast though and am going back today.:super:After the last 15 years of only being on a Busa I feel like a kid again with a new toy,wish I would've gotten a dirt bike sooner!

Don't know what's up with my Photobucket account,bought a new computer a few days ago and now won't let me copy and paste pictures?

http://s531.photobucket.com/user/pi...RF 450R 4-4-2017 002_zps5vj501wn.jpg.html?o=1

:D I know the feeling bro, it was way easier 20 years ago. Doesn't make sense because the suspension was way worse, dirt is getting harder is the only thing I can think of.

Love the people that say motocross isn't a sport, "all your doing is sitting on a motorcycle and riding around the track" :lol:

I hear you bro,WAY WAY harder than the pros make it look on TV!Those guys are hard core athletes to be able to do what they do,5 or 6 laps at a time and I was exhausted.:laugh:Track opens back up at 8:00AM so going back down in an hour or so,it's only about 12 miles from my house and they have 5 or 6 different tracks you can ride on all day for $30.Bike started great all day,5 or 6 kicks the first time when cold and then on the 1st or 2nd kick the rest of the day.That thing's such a blast I don't even get excited about the poor old Busa anymore,have probably put about 50 miles on it in the past month.:laugh:

http://www.racele.com/

https://images.search.yahoo.com/yhs...af0bec409198e6145a2eb29b5a58.jpg&action=close

LOL, hope your shoulder is ok, that sounds like it hurts.

I ride my busa almost every day now, and I still have a blast on my 450. You can upload your pics directly to the board, no need to host them. I wanna see!

Back