4 Or 6

kakings

Registered
Guys, I'm looking to stretch my Busa but I'm undecided on a 4 or 6 inch stretch. I have 2nd gen and am not wanting to take a chance on the tire knocking the tail light out. I think the 6 will look better. Anyone have a 6 inch stretch and have not had this issue? Also any pics with 4 and 6 inch stretches would be appreciated for comparison purposes.

I think the 6" will hit the taillight unless you crank up the spring pressure and then it might not hook up

While it's a personal choice, the thing that I've noticed is that the 4" stretch seems to center the wheel under the tail, which also gives it more of a "factory" look at first glance.
That's what i was thinking. A good visual would help a lot. Thanks for the reply.

I think the 6" will hit the taillight unless you crank up the spring pressure and then it might not hook up
If i crank the spring would it affect the height of the bike or just restrict the travel making it harder on bumps?

If i crank the spring would it affect the height of the bike or just restrict the travel making it harder on bumps?

It would just tighten the preload, not raise the bike. Do you have your bike lowered? Why do you want to stretch your bike? Are you having trouble keeping the front down or just for looks?

That's what I was thinking .

A good visual would help a lot .

Thanks for the reply .

4" = no need to change the rear brake line ~ this is the way a Hayabusa should look . . .

evil-20swingarm-202-20-2016-20010_zpshmph565s-jpg.1567454.jpg

It would just tighten the preload, not raise the bike. Do you have your bike lowered? Why do you want to stretch your bike? Are you having trouble keeping the front down or just for looks?
I'm wanting the aggressive look. I do plan on lowering it about an inch in the rear. I'm not a small guy 6'6" 250. Scrubbing is a concern but i want the stretched lowered look. I just don't know everything i need to do to keep it from scrubbing and bottoming out. The reason for all the questions. Appreciate the wisdom!

If you plan on lowering it I would probably only go 4 inch. You may be able to do 6 inch if you leave it at stock height and tighten the preload. Of course if you want to buy an extended tail section the sky is the limit for you.

If you plan on lowering it I would probably only go 4 inch. You may be able to do 6 inch if you leave it at stock height and tighten the preload. Of course if you want to buy an extended tail section the sky is the limit for you.
Thanks for the info!

Go 4", you'll be happy with the results . . . this is the POWERHOUSE 4" over "stealth" arm mod . . .
Thanks for the pic! Got any of the whole bike? You know us fellas need visuals...get on trouble all the time with the wife for looking...lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the pic! Got any of the whole bike? You know us fellas need visuals...get on trouble all the time with the wife for looking...lol.
One more request.....any pics of a 6 inch over? Wanting to see the difference in the look between the 6 and 4.

I'm wanting the aggressive look. I do plan on lowering it about an inch in the rear. I'm not a small guy 6'6" 250. Scrubbing is a concern but i want the stretched lowered look. I just don't know everything i need to do to keep it from scrubbing and bottoming out. The reason for all the questions. Appreciate the wisdom![/

I'm currently lowered just because I wanted to try it. I'm considering going back to stock and will probably have a kickstand and soupys adjustable links for sale. Let me know if interested. You'll still need to purchase the triple tree lowering block or the spacers which are cheaper.

here is my last busa at 4 over .. and it is your personal prefference. and it is the most you can really go without leaving the rear of the bike high or gettign an extended tail section
BLU88 that's exactly the look I'm going for. Looks like it's lowered too? How many inches? Front and back?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back