What's This Hose Supposed To Do?

ResidentEvil

Registered
So I went for a ride today, 75 outside, real nice breeze, full tank of fresh super , geared up, I did about 7 miles, with 1 hard pull for about a mile, slowed down to make a u turn and head back home... Then it started.
Stumbled from a start, then smooth, stumbled when I gassed it, then smooth, then it got worse the closer I got home. Pulled the plugs they look OK, air filter wasn't bad, but does that hose look right? Could my fuel filter or pump be on it's way out? 2008 with 34k on the clock.
I take any and all suggestions.

20161117_164412.jpg

20161117_164339.jpg

20161117_164007.jpg

20161117_164047.jpg

20161117_164055.jpg

So I went for a ride today, 75 outside, real nice breeze, full tank of fresh super , geared up, I did about 7 miles, with 1 hard pull for about a mile, slowed down to make a u turn and head back home... Then it started.
Stumbled from a start, then smooth, stumbled when I gassed it, then smooth, then it got worse the closer I got home. Pulled the plugs they look OK, air filter wasn't bad, but does that hose look right? Could my fuel filter or pump be on it's way out? 2008 with 34k on the clock.
I take any and all suggestions.

View attachment 1569829

View attachment 1569830

View attachment 1569831

View attachment 1569832

View attachment 1569833
Ok, the hose appears to be a vent hose (maybe mistaken). I just got my 2008 one month ago, only 8,700 miles, & previous owners didn't do much maintenance. I had similar symptoms, you can see my posts under Busa problems. Here is what my fuel filter looked like, one on left is what I pulled out, right is the new one, big difference after replacement, clogged filter will definitely restrict fuel flow big time. Good luck.

IMG_2095.JPG

That is Not the filter, that is just the pick up screen. The filter is the black, or white canister above the pump. And its not cheep!

Also the answer to your questions, yes it can be the pump, and most like is. As for the plugs,, they look a bit lean!

Maybe that's it, plugs look lean because not enough fuel.,because of the pump... I hope that's it.... Original plugs.

plugs look roasted. I would do pump and plugs at same time.

I can say from experience it Not the pump, it the Oem Fuel filter, It is # 2 in the link pick!
$255
http://www.powersportsdiscount.com/oemparts/a/suz/506b359bf870022ba8af9d65/fuel-pump
You can replace the pump and still have the problem i can assure of that.
It's a common problem, on all Suzuki's with the internal pump and filter.
Chrisjp has a thread on how to buy pass the internal filter and add an external filter that works great! Its for a Gen 1 but the same!

Did the fuel filter pump mod, now she's back... While I was cleaning my air filter, that black filter breather crap dissolved when I touched it, so weird, so I sucked it all out and replaced it.

20161125_124042.jpg

20161125_124009.jpg

Ok, the hose appears to be a vent hose (maybe mistaken). I just got my 2008 one month ago, only 8,700 miles, & previous owners didn't do much maintenance. I had similar symptoms, you can see my posts under Busa problems. Here is what my fuel filter looked like, one on left is what I pulled out, right is the new one, big difference after replacement, clogged filter will definitely restrict fuel flow big time. Good luck.

View attachment 1569836
Do you have the part number for that new fuel pump pick up screen shown?

Back