New Guy's Story

All good things to do while you wait.

One of the most common mistakes New busa riders make is to put their weight on the handlebars due to the long reach.

This causes your hands to go numb. In only a few miles. Plus it can add some instability in the corners.

You have to use your core and lower back to keep your weight off your wrists and hands. I know my bike lets me know when I am out of shape.

Enjoy the ride

The wait is killing me. I'm all over the Internet looking at videos, reviews, corny Twist of the Wrist movies, and reading books that will help me focus my attention on the proper riding techniques of these superbikes. I have two gorgeous women lined up on different days to give me a ride to the dealership depending on the moment I get the call (the wife can help me on Tuesday and Thursday - my daughter will help the other days). It is a beautiful day right now though and I have a couple of bikes begging me to take them out so I can temporarily relieve some of my anxious anticipation. Minnesota dealerships are not allowed to do business on Sunday so I can't even go bother anyone there.

Your banned unless you post pictures up of said ladies.

Shade, that is one request I can fulfill. I'll put up pics of the girls with the bike IF I EVER SEE THE BIKE... EVER. The wait seems longer than it really is. Everything is in slow motion right now.

All good things to do while you wait.

One of the most common mistakes New busa riders make is to put their weight on the handlebars due to the long reach.

This causes your hands to go numb. In only a few miles. Plus it can add some instability in the corners.

You have to use your core and lower back to keep your weight off your wrists and hands. I know my bike lets me know when I am out of shape.

Enjoy the ride

I'de have to disagree.
Sure, all your weight on the bars on miles of straight highway will quickly get uncomfortable.
And yes, you need to use your whole body when you ride.
But your weight on the bars causing instability in curves? Nah, not at all.
Your weight should be towards the front and over the bars(and shifting side to side, and all around, ect).
You are more stable in a corner with more weight over the front. It's helping keep the front planted.
If the back steps out, sometimes you can bring it back. If the front steps out, you're usually just along for the ride.
I can lean back, coast with no hands, or one hand on the throttle, and nearly drag a knee through curves(most anyone can). Just a lazy cruise, no different than a bicycle.
But if I want to be "stable" through a corner, my weight is towards the front, on the bars, and shifting around and leaning as the curve and speed demand.

First, Mabupa; yes. I heard from the sales guy on Monday and he said that the bike should be ready for pickup on Thursday. I hope I don't have to worry too much about the words "should be" in that previous sentence.

Majestic and Sixpack, I'm getting the drift. I have already amped up my leisure gym visits (twice a week (on a good week)) to three days a week and I've added some new exercises to focus on new areas around my core, chest, arms and both upper and lower back. Making small adjustments to my old tried and true routine has already made me realize there are small muscle groups that I have severely neglected for a long time; so your advice, both of you, has already created enough incentive for me to change things up a bit in preparation for my new machine and hopefully give me a fighting chance.

Six pack yes you are correct. And thank you for clarification as my last post seems to be a little muddy.

Weight on the bars sometimes leads to uesing them as grab bars to move around. This is the instability I refer to. I hope that clears things up.

Okay, so here are my girls; the kid and the wife. One of them will be helping get me to the dealership tomorrow. Yes, I'm quite proud of both of them. I figured I'd get this out of the way so I wont be banned by Shade, even if I end up posting the pics of the bike with the reflectors and mudflap.

Bec.jpeg

Di.JPG

Back