Favorite Mod?

Its not my favorite but the most usefull to me was getting genmar risers. God it saves my upper back a lot of pain.
favorite is my 1397 kit.
least though was the terrible idea i had when i first got it to put l.e.d. lights and flame stripes on it. I wanna slap myself for even thinking about it now...

TwoBrosBusa has a good "How-to" thread on fork seal replacement.
I'll see if I can find it.
They aren't bad, and the springs don't have to be removed to change the seals.
I've done them both ways. Leaving the springs in is much easier.
You'll need 2 quarts of fork oil, as both forks will take just over 1 quart when done.

Thanks Sixpack. I've read TwoBrosBusa fork seal thread and Jinksters thread on setting sag. And feel confident I can achieve desired results in both areas.

Too many mods to narrow down to just 1 but there are a few that made a noticeable difference right off the bat for me that I'd do over again in a heartbeat w/o hesitation or regret.

1. 65mm Brembo Goldline caliper conversion
2. Brembo front brake master cylinder swap
3. Racetech gold valves front and rear
4. R1 throttle tube
5. ECU flash
6. Gen2 radiator conversion with engine ice, dual muzzy aluminum fans, and high temp rad cap

All I've done is put a Brock full exhaust before taking delivery, shorty levers, and powder coated everything silver black. The exhaust is my favorite

I always remove the reflectors :hello:

Helibars
Ball Z cut drag seat
Asv levers

My top 3 for creature comfort and feel of the bike.

Last edited:
Toss up between Ohlins and Brembos. I would say full exhaust woke the stock engine up, it was choking. My AutoCom was awesome and performed well but the new Bluetooth stuff is as good and no cords. Of course the Corbin and Cruise control make getting to those good roads much more relaxing.

Hey Ken,

What is special about the Yoshi tank other than it looks awesome (as if that wasn't enough)? Is it bigger or smaller than OEM? Did you sew polishing rags into the inside of the knees of your riding pants so it stays polished?

Reactions: kml
1. Electronic Cruise
2. AutoComm Bike to Bike
3. Radio / Satellite
4. Lights
5. Tire Pressure Sensors
6. Levers
7. Trunk Mod

Hey Ken,

What is special about the Yoshi tank other than it looks awesome (as if that wasn't enough)? Is it bigger or smaller than OEM? Did you sew polishing rags into the inside of the knees of your riding pants so it stays polished?

I'm pretty sure that the Yosh Tank is a 6 gallon tank. If not 6 then @ least a 5.5

It's also lighter than the factory tank

Hey Ken,

Four pounds lighter.
Holds a gallon more.
Unusual bling.

Polishing rags on the inside of the pants... Not a bad idea. LOL

cheers
ken

Oddly enough, this: It was unusual, unique, and nobody else had it.

7430156716_182a7993cb_o.jpg

7430157048_d71de8f171_o.jpg

7430157340_450c56e1db_o.jpg

7430153260_4db21ae832_o.jpg

7430152642_c53efdac4f_o.jpg

ECU flashing interface and ECU editor software. Having the editing/flashing capabilities has been a blast.

A close second is the Brock's short meg. (even over the dry nitrous kit)

how loud is that short meg?

Just right bro,may be a little loud to some but to me it's just great music.:DFairly calm 'til you hit around 7K,then it's on.:super:I've been known to pull the baffle out a couple times a year(1 set screw)when I feel like really disturbing some peace,but only for a day at a time.

Here's a video with the external mic mounted down behind the right rearset so it's a little louder than it would normally be.

Back