Gsxr Tail. Which Exhaust To Use?

mabupa

Donating Member
Registered
image.jpeg
image.png
Hey everyone,

I'm in the middle of changing my tail to a gsxr tail and not sure what to do with my exhaust. I currently have a Vance and Hines header with r77 Carbon duals on my bike, but this setup just won't look right on the bike. I have several options:
-Building drop brackets and keeping my setup.
-Keep the Vance and Hines header and get dual alien heads
-sell all my stuff and buy a full alien head.

Here are some pics for you guys to get an idea. Suggestions welcome.

P1080683_zpsce7reust.jpg

I bought a Gen I Hindle and custom fit the connector pipe to a Gen II Yoshimura head pipe, using GSXR1000 the OEM GSXR1000 foot peg bracket for the mount.

image.png
View attachment 395450

I bought a Gen I Hindle and custom fit the connector pipe to a Gen II Yoshimura head pipe, using GSXR1000 the OEM GSXR1000 foot peg bracket for the mount.
Thanks for the reply. I'm worried that duals will look funny. "BigE" had the same issue and he went with a brocks, but that might be too loud for me. I actually like how quiet the r77s are with the inserts in place. I wonder if I can modify my midpipes to make the cans come up and avoid using extension brackets. I found this random pic.

I liked the look of the alien head with the GSXR tail. Really cleaned up the lines.

I liked the look of the alien head with the GSXR tail. Really cleaned up the lines.
I do love the way it Looks too, but I'm afraid it Will be too loud. I live in a real quiet neighborhood and try to ride to work as much as I can. I usually leave the house between 5am and 6am, including Saturday and sunday.

I do love the way it Looks too, but I'm afraid it Will be too loud. I live in a real quiet neighborhood and try to ride to work as much as I can. I usually leave the house between 5am and 6am, including Saturday and sunday.

I know what your talking about. I have the full AH2 system and leave for work at 4:30. My wife leaves at 5 and she rides my heritage classic that has debaffeled Long Shots on it. We try to be nice be needless so say our neighbors know what time we each leave for work.

I know what your talking about. I have the full AH2 system and leave for work at 4:30. My wife leaves at 5 and she rides my heritage classic that has debaffeled Long Shots on it. We try to be nice be needless so say our neighbors know what time we each leave for work.
That's my concern. I don't HAVE to ride to work, but is nice to. I guess I can always leave the riding for the days off and just drive one of my other vehicles or even ride the dual sport to work.

Yea, your neighbors will hate you if you got the alien head. =)

image.png

Well, she is done for now. I need to use some leftover colorrite paint that I have in my cabinet and paint the tail to match the rest of the bike. For now, I just plastidipped the sides white. I don't think the r77 looks too bad now that I mounted them.

ok , i know this thread is old but is that the gregs 900 dollar kit on your bike? how much weight savings if any did you experience? im ready to do the same swap just doing some research first.

ok , i know this thread is old but is that the gregs 900 dollar kit on your bike? how much weight savings if any did you experience? im ready to do the same swap just doing some research first.

I'd day you save easily 4 pounds with the gsxr tail kit.

Back