Charcoal & Orange Hayabusa Pictures?

I may look into some of those. The only ones I've seen were on silver rear sets, I had mine powdercoated so I think the carbon fiber will blend in well.

I have some cf look levers. Trade ya your projector headlight for them ;). Jk they are worth that much. But I have a pic if you want to see them.

I have some cf look levers. Trade ya your projector headlight for them ;). Jk they are worth that much. But I have a pic if you want to see them.

Only if they were real carbon fiber I would, lol. With me building a new retrofit soon, my present setup will be for sale if interested. :)

Yea I may be interested in it. I wanted to do a retro to mine. I hate the beam pattern of HID in the stock housing but it's still better than the halogen bulb

Apologize if I missed it, but when are the fairings supposed to arrive? I've gotten quotes to get my bike painted and also looking at a whole set of fairings as an option. I'm looking forward to your review.

Yea I may be interested in it. I wanted to do a retro to mine. I hate the beam pattern of HID in the stock housing but it's still better than the halogen bulb
I'll keep you in mind when it's off the bike and send some recent pictures when I take it off. I have everything on order for the 2nd retrofit, I forget how this stuff adds especially with 2 projectors and 2 different color temp bulbs (5500K on top, 3000K on bottom)... I agree HID in the stock housing is better than halogen and gives you alot of light right in front of you.....actually more than the Morimoto D2S does, but the D2S allows you to see stuff on the side of the roads as well as incredible distance.

Apologize if I missed it, but when are the fairings supposed to arrive? I've gotten quotes to get my bike painted and also looking at a whole set of fairings as an option. I'm looking forward to your review.
I'm not sure if I said. As of now I don't know when I'll actually get them in my possession, but thinking possibly next week. If they do come in next week, I'll still have to wait till mid July to install. I'm working 7-12's right and don't expect this turn around to be over until then...and don't think I'll get any days off till then. Kinda sucks, but I'm also on nights so even if I was off it's kinda useless other than I'm able to go in my shop and tinker/drink.

Just so you know, I paid for them on 5/11/16 and they were in the mail in route to me 20 days later. I knew there was a lead time to make and paint them and they are pretty much spot on for the time quoted (15-20 to make/paint, 7-10 to get in my hands). For the price, it's quite unreal how they even make money off of them but they must.

08 Orange and black is my fav.
If they wouldn't have came out with charcoal/silver in 09, I'd definitely ended up with black/orange. I knew charcoal was a definite color on this paint job, mainly just to change up the stock graphics.... IMO stock graphic schemes are better than most aftermarket ones, but I'm weird like that, lol.

I'm not sure if I said. As of now I don't know when I'll actually get them in my possession, but thinking possibly next week. If they do come in next week, I'll still have to wait till mid July to install. I'm working 7-12's right and don't expect this turn around to be over until then...and don't think I'll get any days off till then. Kinda sucks, but I'm also on nights so even if I was off it's kinda useless other than I'm able to go in my shop and tinker/drink.

Just so you know, I paid for them on 5/11/16 and they were in the mail in route to me 20 days later. I knew there was a lead time to make and paint them and they are pretty much spot on for the time quoted (15-20 to make/paint, 7-10 to get in my hands). For the price, it's quite unreal how they even make money off of them but they must.

You are right about the price. I was quoted $700 to get my OeM fairings painted one solid color I wanted. I'm having a hard time pulling the trigger because I won't be able to go back to oem. I'm weird like that. Lol!! I like to do everything(if possible) so that it can be reversed to stock if I want to.

I'm in the same boat. Not sure if I want to give up my OEM because if I ever did want to go back and I can't. If these fit good and look good I'll be hard pressed not to get rid of them and make some money back. I found these people from a thread on here and he had good luck with them.

I'll post a link on this thread to the new one when I install them so you can judge for yourself.

I'm in the same boat. Not sure if I want to give up my OEM because if I ever did want to go back and I can't. If these fit good and look good I'll be hard pressed not to get rid of them and make some money back. I found these people from a thread on here and he had good luck with them.

I'll post a link on this thread to the new one when I install them so you can judge for yourself.
Are you buying from bliss-star or bliss-star-express? Not sure what the difference is between the 2 sellers.

Are you buying from bliss-star or bliss-star-express? Not sure what the difference is between the 2 sellers.

Never noticed there was 2 of them. I'm honestly not sure, but I bought from express though.

Looking them up, definitely 2 different stores but their logo on auctions is the same...so I'd assume the same people likely.

Never noticed there was 2 of them. I'm honestly not sure, but I bought from express though.

Looking them up, definitely 2 different stores but their logo on auctions is the same...so I'd assume the same people likely.
Yeah. I noticed that and found it odd. I emailed them about a a set they have, but making them with different colors and they replied within the hour and said "no problem, just let us know the colors you want and will make them". I didn't contact the express one though.

Yeah. I noticed that and found it odd. I emailed them about a a set they have, but making them with different colors and they replied within the hour and said "no problem, just let us know the colors you want and will make them". I didn't contact the express one though.

That's pretty much how my first question went as well too. The guy I dealt with name is Wilson and he was quick to reply back every single message. If you'd like their email, I can send it to you. Beats having to go through ebay every time for a new message. Also if you're sticking to an OEM graphic scheme, I have 08-16 schemes already in Photoshop and I can fix you up with your personal color choices if you'd like.

Kicking around the idea of etching the projectors on my new setup myself. Not totally sure how I like it, may be too much.

Hayabusa%20Projector%20Etching%20Hexagons.jpg

Hayabusa%20Projector%20Etching%20S%20amp%20Kanji.jpg

That's pretty much how my first question went as well too. The guy I dealt with name is Wilson and he was quick to reply back every single message. If you'd like their email, I can send it to you. Beats having to go through ebay every time for a new message. Also if you're sticking to an OEM graphic scheme, I have 08-16 schemes already in Photoshop and I can fix you up with your personal color choices if you'd like.

Kicking around the idea of etching the projectors on my new setup myself. Not totally sure how I like it, may be too much.

View attachment 395333
View attachment 395334
Sounds like is the same seller then. Wilson was the one that replied to my email too. Thanks for the offer to photoshop, but I'm looking at something different as far as theme goes. I like the logos on the headlight idea.!

Fairings came in today! I was on my way to work tonight, but made a few minutes to open a couple pieces. I'll open the rest tomorrow morning when I get off.

The charcoal color for some reason looks like navy blue in the pictures, but in person it's definitely charcoal. It does have a very, very slight hint of a blue hue to the color. So far I'm happy, can't wait to get through the night so I can finish opening everything and get some good pictures!

20160611_164323.jpg

20160611_165008.jpg

20160611_165250.jpg

Took forever to unpack the fairings, but I can't complain....they were packaged VERY well and nothing was damaged on it's trip to my house. The dark gray really doesn't show how it looks in real like, but it's damn near the same as my Photoshop.

Now I just have to wait to install till I'm off this turn around so I can retrofit my headlight, overlay the inside of it in real carbon fiber, modify the new tail light, install the fairing screens, mount 2 new tires & install new wave rear brake rotor. It's killing me having to wait and wait even longer due to all the stuff I need to do before I install the fairings. Ugh!!

IMG_3124.jpg

IMG_3129.jpg

IMG_3170.jpg

IMG_3185.jpg

IMG_3148.jpg

IMG_3126.jpg

You should be like me and wake up 2 hours earlier every afternoon and do a little at a time. Lol!! I work about 1k hours overtime a year and that's the only way I can get things done on the toys. I'm single with no kids though.

As much as I'd like to, I've been working 7 nights a week since mid April. Kind of sucks working nights, seems there's no time for anything before going to bed and after waking up. It won't be too much longer and I'll be back on days and down to 50hr weeks. I have a list of stuff to accomplish on the bike, but can't wait to get started. Also a Galfer SS clutch line install too, figured since I need to change the fluid may as well upgrade it to match all my brakes.

Back