A diamond in the ruff

Hey guys, i believe that the rear rotor on my bike may be off a 2nd gen. Yes I havent really tinkered with bike in awhile. BUT now I am. Can anybody give me measurements of thier rear rotor weather 1st or 2nd gen? I do know its a Busa rotor (hince the lettering) the hanger and caliper i got seem to be for my bike. Thanks again fellows....:beerchug:

well i ordered a new rotor for a gen 1, due to wear on my old one and the fact that it wasnt working with the hanger and caliper set up. The new rotor is the same size as the old one. OK so the rotor is the correct one.Pretty sure the caliper I ordered is right as well. So either the hanger is wrong or I need something different since I have the swing arm extension. Any body have the extension like i got? Do you need any special hanger to make rear brakes work or should stock equipment work? The extension piece looks slightly wider than the stock swing arm. Im only like 1/4 inch off from caliper fitting. Thanks in advanced, Guys.....

Can anybody give me the measurements of a gen 1 rear brake hanger?????????????????/ I need to know how tall it is really. Total height of hanger alone. and distance from bottom of swing arm to bottom of hanger. Thanks for your reply. Pictures would help as well.

I have the stock gen 2 exhaust and an alien head can with a couple dents in it if you want any of it. Im in columbus

Finally replaced clutch. I haven't put case on yet to make sure all is good. It goes into gear, but when I pull clutch lever in bike won't roll, it's still in gear. I believe the problem is that The ball joint that attaches the lever is worn out and has a lot of play in it, also I didn't stagger the last plate as per instructions due to the fact that it was tight and didn't want to go in easy. Afraid of it binding up I installed it like the others. Don't think that has anything to do with my problem. Any suggestions? Bike is being worked on between other projects so it's taking awhile to do. Thanks for all the input.

Still working on bike. Clutch back in. Now I have to take off the lever and get it fixed or replaced due to the play in it. Be ready to rYde by spring...

Sure this question has been asked and answered 100 times but I'll ask anyway.... I replaced clutch and back wheel won't roll while clutch lever is fully engaged. Clutch case is still of and no oil in it until I get it sorted out. I cleaned out the chain lube goo from sprocket cover and bleed the clutch. Kinda of odd that it don't gravity bleed. Had to pump lever and open valve. Rear tire is suspended so I can turn it. Only thing I do have different is the last clutch plate isn't off set. It's the same as the others. Was tight when I tried to off set it. Any ideas? Lever does have a little more pressure on it when I pull than it did but not a lot. When I bleed it, it does shoot out so I doubt it still has air. Thanks for not replying again

If you don't put the clutch plates back in like they came stock with the plate set in the slots and and the last off set the clutch is not gonna work. Gotta go back in like it came out of the factory.

I'm Have bike back together and all is good. Thanks everybody for not replying.

image.jpeg

I'm back....... bike is good and ready to ride. Still have to paint seat cowl to match and do some odds and ends but all and all it good. Anybody in Atlanta area that rides let me know.

IMG_3602.PNG

IMG_3603.PNG

As far as the kickstand - I would make sure the bolt is tight and the spring is in the right location. Maybe replace it,
if it appears weak and lets the stand move easy. Just checked mine and it is fairly stiff to move with my hand.
I don't believe mine would move going over bumps of any kind.

Have you checked the spark plugs?

How old is the battery? If it is over a few years old, I might replace it just for peace of mind.
There are many posts about how what appears to be a good battery caused problems - new battery fixed the problems - just saying..........

Do you know for sure there is no crud in the fuel pump and or gas tank. There is a screen in the fuel pump.
When I had problems and took mine apart my screen had some junk on it. Not real bad, but still had some.
How about running a can of Seafoam through it?
You can't just look in the fuel tank it has to be emptied and the fuel pump removed to be able to look inside. The injectors can also have some crud around
them and might be worth taking a look at them also.

One more thought - If you really feel the need to wind it up to the rev limit - Get a TRE - Problem solved :whistle:
Found out it was the kick stand. The vibration from the rear tire would make it come down and make bike stall. Thanks for info. Yeah bike had been on back burner for awhile

Good to see it on the road. Theres always little stuff with a bike, lol, seems they are never done. feels better to do it yourself. In VA let you know when I come through this summer, got fam down there.

Back