Wheel Chock

Ham

Registered
Hi im looking for a wheel chock to use on a trailer when strapping my bike down, Maybe $100 price range.

I know you are saying $100, but here is my recommendation:
Buy a trailer restraint from PitBull. They are almost $300, but it is no muss, no fuss.

By the time you buy a canyon dancer ($35), decent straps $30 and the wheel chock, you are more than half way there.

The energy and effort you save is immeasurable...

Just a recommendation. I don't work with or for them, but they are awesome-

I know you are saying $100, but here is my recommendation:
Buy a trailer restraint from PitBull. They are almost $300, but it is no muss, no fuss.

By the time you buy a canyon dancer ($35), decent straps $30 and the wheel chock, you are more than half way there.

The energy and effort you save is immeasurable...

Just a recommendation. I don't work with or for them, but they are awesome-
I agree but its not my trailer i just have access to one. I don't want to mount anything to his trailer.

Check out the chocks at harbor freight if you have one near you.

If you have afford to spend the money the pit bull system is well worth the increase.

If you have afford to spend the money the pit bull system is well worth the increase.
I like the pit bull system, but its not my trailer for me to be mounting it to and i won't need to trailer my bike often.

I like the pit bull system, but its not my trailer for me to be mounting it to and i won't need to trailer my bike often.
Sorry I didn't see your earlier reply. A friend has one that he bought at cycle gear that got on sale for $79 and he is happy with the quality.

1 Chock And DONE Buy A Baxley Awesome on trailer great in garage or driveway..

What golden said!!!! Love mine, and very minor mods to the trailer to use it in there.

Baxley is what I use too.
trailer night.jpg

I have a pitbull and that is a really good stand. If you mount the Pitbull on a base of 3/4" plywood it's pretty portable with minimal strapping. I also have a wheel chock I got from Cycle Gear for $80 or so that works. One issue is getting the bike out of it can be a pain. I welded a little foot lever to the part you roll the wheel into and it pops the bike right out. Note that with wheel chocks you have to strap the suspension down which can blow a seal if you hit a major bump. Just something to think about. I have a lot of money in suspension so I'm a little sensitive to my forks!

I went through this a while back, went with the Baxley. The condors were good but I the tire just wasn't a good fit. I had a tilt trailer that loaded and without the motor running, I couldn't get the bike in the chock and actually tried to run it up full speed and bounced off and my bike fell three feet onto the driveway and I got to paint my bike for the 3rd time in a year. I got a Baxley and it is much better. They range in price from $250-150. Get the $150 off of the bay.

I went through this a while back, went with the Baxley. The condors were good but I the tire just wasn't a good fit. I had a tilt trailer that loaded and without the motor running, I couldn't get the bike in the chock and actually tried to run it up full speed and bounced off and my bike fell three feet onto the driveway and I got to paint my bike for the 3rd time in a year. I got a Baxley and it is much better. They range in price from $250-150. Get the $150 off of the bay.

I think I remember that story... I also think I recommended the Baxley to you as well. I'm glad it all worked out for you!

Back