IMG_3669 (Large).JPG
IMG_3671 (Large).JPG
IMG_0298 (Large).JPG
IMG_3674 (Large).JPG
IMG_3677 (Large).JPG
IMG_3680 (Large).JPG
IMG_3684 (Large).JPG
IMG_3687 (Large).JPG

back through the Flint Hills to make good on that promise to see my friend, GSXcite...the next day, he and Mary did me the honor of getting their rides out and putting some miles in with me...then, i rolled that short last four hours home...6576.5 miles and worth every sore muscle, mile in the rain and/or desert heat, bugs in the teeth, and mornings that i really didn't want to get out of bed lol...this was one of the most amazing things i have ever done and i'm already looking forward to the next chance to do it again...i want to say a huge thank you to all of you who opened your homes, shared stories, broke bread, put in some two wheel therapy time, and generally just make my life so much better each and every day...i can't express how much you all mean to me...i look forward to seeing you all out on one of these wonderful roads around the country one day soon :beerchug:
IMG_3774 (Large).JPG
IMG_0311 (Large).JPG
IMG_3776 (Large).JPG
IMG_3777 (Large).JPG
IMG_3778 (Large).JPG
IMG_3780 (Large).JPG
IMG_3781 (Large).JPG

Well Bro , I appreciate you sharing your Epic Adventure with us . Probably never see those things , Awesome journey . I live thru you Brother . Hopefully you didn't use up all of your Vacation time . That trip to Colorado looks awesome , Hint - Hint !! Hope to get to ride with yah this year . Got a lot of vacation time this year Hint - Hint

Well Bro , I appreciate you sharing your Epic Adventure with us . Probably never see those things , Awesome journey . I live thru you Brother . Hopefully you didn't use up all of your Vacation time . That trip to Colorado looks awesome , Hint - Hint !! Hope to get to ride with yah this year . Got a lot of vacation time this year Hint - Hint

thanks bro, it was a blast! definitely want to get some riding time in with you this year, we haven't been able to manage enough of that in the past few years :beerchug:

Eureka Springs MnG is June 3-5, i just haven't had time to get the thread going but will try to remedy that in the next 24 hours...also, Lurch is working on getting one going in Wisconsin at some point

After 3 pages of pictures you would think I could come up with a better question but the one thing that keeps coming back that I just need to know Semi..... Are you still using the same camera?

Amazing Trip sir :) thanks for sharing it with us . I have to admit I'm jealous . However it wont be long before I get a trip in like this with my Hayabusa .

After 3 pages of pictures you would think I could come up with a better question but the one thing that keeps coming back that I just need to know Semi..... Are you still using the same camera?

great question :thumbsup: the Ninja Cam finally died in '13 and i replaced it with a basically updated version, a Canon PowerShot SX500 IS...it's still plenty small enough to fit in a tank bag and yet has more optical zoom (30X) and better pics at 16MP and handles well at speed on the bike...btw, some of our fellow members have named this one the Creeper Cam since it has a setting for no lights or sound when snapping pics :rofl:

Amazing Trip sir :) thanks for sharing it with us . I have to admit I'm jealous . However it wont be long before I get a trip in like this with my Hayabusa .

thank you :beerchug: i would definitely encourage you to do so, the Busa is an amazing machine for this kind of trip! give me a yell when you start planning if there is anything i can do or questions i can answer

amazing! thanks for sharing:thumbsup:

thank you :beerchug:

Semi I did it years ago on a DR650 with a good friend . ( what murder the seat was lol ) Had a FJR1300 , but never produced more than a 2500 mile trip with it . I have built the Hayabusa just for this purpose . LSL kit / Radar / Heated grips / gear / Driving LED lights MRA vario screen / Saddelman tech seat / Trunk mod / Radiator guards / good tail and tank bag . Whats left is is either Givi V 35 bags or soft saddle bags , New rain gear , and figure
out what rear tire will get me 5000 miles or more @ a time . FYI I use to be hell on tires , but I have really toned down . Currently @ 3195 miles on the OEM BT015R tire with my guess since measuring tread depth every 300 to 500 miles it might make 3700 miles . If so any Sport tour tire PR3 / 4 / or Angel GT will get the 5000 number I need .

nice set-up...i'm running Angel GT's for touring trips and getting 5500-7000 miles out of the rear tire depending on average day time temps during the trip

Thanks semi :) Took this picture today to show you my set up . I'm a little guy 5' 1" 137 pounds so I get plenty of wind protection .

20160217_124904_zpsrycojvmw.jpg

Excellent write up and pics Semi. :beerchug:

One thing that I never saw (or was talked about) is your sleeping accommodations.
Did you Camp at all, or was it Motels the whole way other then a stay or two at a friends house etc.?

Also I was a little fuzzy on how long this trip was (in days) ?

All the pictures you took on the road (while on the bike and moving) you shot while riding the bike no handed? Right?

Did you start that trip with new tires? Did you ever have to add air during the trip?

Sorry for all the questions but I'm thinking about putting a lot more miles and distance on my bike this year.
So any info is appreciated.

Again a great trip and write up. :thumbsup:

the trip was 33 days and i believe i stayed in a motel for 6 of them, otherwise, i was with friends or family (helps to have tons of friends and a big family scattered all over the nation lol)...i always carry camping gear on long trips since you never know when you're going to get caught somewhere with no available lodging for the night, it has happened to me a couple times due to conventions/rallies/etc. happening in the area when i reached the end of the day (i never have a plan for exactly where i'll stop for the night if i'm not staying with someone)...i also know it is back there for protection if i ever break down in the middle of nowhere late in the day

correct, who needs hands to ride a bike? just twist on the Throttlemeister and balance

front tire had about 1500 miles on it, back was brand new...i know i added air to both once and seems like it may have been twice to the rear tire

Back