Suzuki Recall Jan 2016 Includes Gen 2 Busa

skydivr

Jumps from perfectly good Airplanes
Donating Member
Link:
http://www.cnbc.com/2016/01/28/suzuki-recalls-68000-motorcycles-over-stalling-risk.html

Appears to include the GEN2 Busa. Funny, there's already been a rectifier recall, but looks like they are going even deeper...
--------------------------------
Suzuki is recalling more than 68,000 motorcycles in the U.S. because the battery charging system can fail and cause the bikes to stall. The recall affects 15 models from the 2008 to 2012 model years.

The company says in documents posted Thursday by U.S. safety regulators that the problem was traced to a circuit board in the charging system. One customer filed a complaint in the U.S., but more than 200 complaints were received from other countries.

Dealers will replace the charging system regulator-rectifier to fix the problem. Suzuki will notify owners and begin the recall repairs in early March at no cost to owners.

The recall covers the 2008 to 2012 AN400, AN400A, DL1000 and GSX1300R motorcycles as well as the 2008 to 2009 GSF1250S and GSF1250SA. Also affected are the 2008 GSX1300BK and GSX1300BKA, the 2008 to 2010 GSX650F, GSX-R600, GSX-R750, VLR1800, VLR1800T, and the 2009 to 2010 SFV650 and VZ1500.
------------------------------

I noticed that my 2014 model the wires are twice the gauge size that earlier gen II models .

hmm crazy, they already had a recall on the busa's rectifier waaaaaay back when I bought my 09.

I posted this in Gen Bike Related as well since we have some many people with multiple scoots! Good looking out sir!

So my 2k11 is about to get a free new battery and rectifier/regulator? Im good with that...

How do these things work? Can I go have my poop replaced if the bike has been uh... heavily modified otherwise?

Dang it! Just replace my battery over the summer. Went for a ride 500 miles out. The last two fill ups, the bike had to be bump started.

Hmm, interesting, our '08 received a new regulator/rectifier once already from a previous recall. Last spring I replaced that one with an upgraded aftermarket part from powerhouse.com. I wonder how the recall will be satisfied in this case? I'm definitely not going to give up the upgrade r/r and the far tighter charging voltage range which provides.

I have a feeling...that Suzuki found out the previous rectifier replacement wasn't enough...note they talk about more than just the rectifier. Will have to see what else they want to replace. As far as battery, I'll let them give me a new one, but I'm not replacing the GOOD battery I purchased when my original one gave up the ghost...

I want to drop my bike off asap. Need it ready for daytona and my battery is completely dead right now.

great to hear, I replaced that rectifier yrs ago on the 1st recall so I'm guessing is going back to the shop...

Back