Skully helmets... Thoughts? And incase you haven't heard of them...

NEMESIS127

Registered
I was looking around on the net for a new helmet a cpl months ago and came across skully it's a crowd funded project that has generated huge interest so a company was started and they started production I should have mine next month... Can't wait my old hayabusa icon has seen better days... Just wanted to get some input and share it with some of the guys who maybe missed this

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

SKULLY AR-1

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Sounds like a cool idea. I already have a go pro and a bluetooth always could use more tech on the dome

Very cool but I have some reservations. First you can get all of that utility with some thing like a SENA and a phone and be able to upgrade and move it to different helmets. Not sure if the skully is Bluetooth 4.1 but if not you can't link to non skully riders? As for the heads up part I wrote them when they were asking for reviewers and suggested the following. A g-force brake light on the back of the helmet, a recording module for the camera and a telemetry module that would send tachometer info to the HUD.

Seems they are a bit late on the production models too.....

Very cool but I have some reservations. First you can get all of that utility with some thing like a SENA and a phone and be able to upgrade and move it to different helmets. Not sure if the skully is Bluetooth 4.1 but if not you can't link to non skully riders? As for the heads up part I wrote them when they were asking for reviewers and suggested the following. A g-force brake light on the back of the helmet, a recording module for the camera and a telemetry module that would send tachometer info to the HUD.

Seems they are a bit late on the production models too.....

Ya would be nice if you could get real time info in the hud they say it in the video but no real specs so not sure what that all means but it was worth it for me I have a hud in my Camaro and I could never drive without it... You really do train yourself to take the info in without looking at it

I personally just can bring myself to pay that much for a helmet. Especially one that has not proven itself to save lives in the real world. I think that it is very cool and a great idea, but at the end of the day I wear a helmet to better my chances of walking away from an accident.

Please let us know when you actually GET your Skully helmet. I like the concept and have been watching them for over a year now. They were late on shipping their first run of production helmets (still haven't as far as I know) but they have done a great job of keeping the buzz going. I've seen a few people on Instagram that got to test them and they had nothing but good things to say. However, I think it was a one day or partial day deal as part of the CEOs "world tour" to reassure people that Skully was going to come through with a product.

If they make it I think they could end up being big. One interesting thing is that they use the Android platform and have a developers kit so some of the suggestions listed above could actually be developed by third parties. I'm surprised that with everything else they didn't try to stuff in a forward facing "action cam" of some sorts.

I look forward to learning more so please keep us up to date. And of course a hands on review or unboxing and review would be super cool.

Please let us know when you actually GET your Skully helmet. I like the concept and have been watching them for over a year now. They were late on shipping their first run of production helmets (still haven't as far as I know) but they have done a great job of keeping the buzz going. I've seen a few people on Instagram that got to test them and they had nothing but good things to say. However, I think it was a one day or partial day deal as part of the CEOs "world tour" to reassure people that Skully was going to come through with a product.

If they make it I think they could end up being big. One interesting thing is that they use the Android platform and have a developers kit so some of the suggestions listed above could actually be developed by third parties. I'm surprised that with everything else they didn't try to stuff in a forward facing "action cam" of some sorts.

I look forward to learning more so please keep us up to date. And of course a hands on review or unboxing and review would be super cool.

I just got an email saying they are shipping out the first run and I should have mine in a cpl weeks I won't be able to test on the street unless it warms up a bit here but I'm def gonna try it out on my snowmobile lol just to make sure it works but I'll keep you guys posted

I just got an email saying they are shipping out the first run and I should have mine in a cpl weeks I won't be able to test on the street unless it warms up a bit here but I'm def gonna try it out on my snowmobile lol just to make sure it works but I'll keep you guys posted

GREAT!! And congratulations! I look forward to hearing your thoughts and impressions.

Back