What is everyone's second hobby or time consumer?

haha. Must have been this video:

I don't like it because the camera is tilted (gimbal wasn't 100%, and I was jerky on the controls)

This is my current favorite:

BTW, I haven't flown at all this year. Too many other things going on :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, i recently shed my lifted Jeep Wrangler that I used to bury to the hood in mud, and my ski boat. Just not enough time for all of it. I travel a lot, both for work and pleasure. When home, I am constantly working on my bikes, my '67 Mustang, or dragging my '14 GT. Hoping to get some road course action next year with her. I also do pretty much everything around the house...flooring, crown molding, repairs, etc. In fact, I just moved into a new home on an acre and a half, so tons of honey does for a while!
Used to own an aircraft restoration company and spent all my time not at work, at work! Only cost me 1 marriage. Got out of that years ago, and have been married for 18 years so far!
Troy

1. Family (4 kids we homeschool, and I'm Mr. Fieldtrip! - we went to the Dino Park last week and talked Paleontology for days)
2. Woodworking - I've got about 4 Hayabusas worth of tools in my shop, current project a chest of drawers for my son. I usually just do one build at a time, as my real job keeps me out of the shop except nights and weekend, and it's riding season here (finally!)
3. Video games
4. Trap and Skeet take up my weekday mornings off and my early weekend mornings if no rides are planned. Upgraded to a Browning 725 Citori trap this year and having Speedbump Stockworks do a little custom work to it.

I got into RC helicopters a few years back, but time being the biggest constraint on what I can do, it fell by the wayside. Which is a bummer, the new quadcopters etc really stir my blood!

Cycling and building furniture

DSCN1009E.JPG

DSCN1011E.JPG

059E.JPG

Colnago horse.jpg

RO? Range ? Do you know of a pistol range that allows rapid fire or at least second shots (within) two seconds?

Yes, Richmond Rod & Gun Club. The action range is from the holster, run and gun and rapid fire is allowed.

The public 25-yd line is 1 shot every 4 seconds. Action range is way more fun.

Let me know when you wanna go and we'll get together.

I have recently been getting into cycling as well. I bought a cannondale caffein...lefty 29er. I have riden some of the local trails some but i havent figured out how to make my back cooperate quite yet. I am getting close though. I have gained a decent amount of weight with my bad back and now weigh 245.i want to drop 45 lbs and i hope biking is the way to accomplish this. If i ride on the roads and the civilized trail i dont seem to have any issues. For all you bikers out there(bicycling) is this a good way to lose weight?

I have recently been getting into cycling as well. I bought a cannondale caffein...lefty 29er. I have riden some of the local trails some but i havent figured out how to make my back cooperate quite yet. I am getting close though. I have gained a decent amount of weight with my bad back and now weigh 245.i want to drop 45 lbs and i hope biking is the way to accomplish this. If i ride on the roads and the civilized trail i dont seem to have any issues. For all you bikers out there(bicycling) is this a good way to lose weight?

I ride competitively, so every extra pound is a disadvantage, especially when climbing hills. When I was young, I could not eat enough to maintain my weight with cycling, but now being older it is a different story. Absolutely it helps to loose weight. If you ride and burn 1,000 calories during the ride then you can either eat the same and lose those calories for the day (3500 = 1lb) or you can maintain your weight by eating an extra 1,000 calories.

I retired in August and my son will have his first child and my first grand daughter later this month so I have no plans yet.....:lol:

I eat and sleep engines and turbos. So at the of the day when I'm burnt out on turbo bikes, I work on my turbo cars! Luckily my line of work requires me to be out on the weekends at track days, and the street meets for customer support. I pretty much turn wrenches every moment I'm awake, or tuning something, or traveling somewhere to see or do some racing.

BE815230-6138-4258-95A1-8232B760706E.jpg

594D49AB-1D06-46AA-B4E9-04BA45BA91AB.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I have a 3 yr old daughter that eats up a lot of daddys time and money! I don't game as much as I used to but still play some Destiny from time to time and a few others on xbox one! I work for Caterpillar and used to build 3500 series engines (google it), got burnt out on building them so now I paint them. Guns and hunting pretty much round up any other free time I don't have!

Back