Electric Lime Pearl Plasti-Dipped Hayabusa

Here’s some pictures in the sunlight. I always find Plasti-Dip is hard to capture with a camera, least for outdoor pictures with this color. In the pictures it appears there’s a lot more yellow than actually in person. I think the pictures of the bike in the shop more accurately represent the true color.

I had a green kawi park next to me at work today so I got to see the color difference side-by-side. It's just what you'd think it'd look like. The Electric Lime by itself would have been spot on for kawi green, but the pearl allowed just a little more yellow to come through and shine. If I was to do the color again, I'd do it just the same.... Definitely glad to have added the pearl to change up the color and gives a nice effect in the sun!

After these pictures were taken, I finally applied the DipCoat. Love this stuff, no more rubbery feeling and the pearl “pops” a lot more! Should have done before pictures, but bike was hot from being outside all day in the sun at work and wanted to wait till it cooled off.
IMG_1567.jpg

IMG_1570.jpg

IMG_1577.jpg

IMG_1600.jpg

IMG_1610.jpg

IMG_1614.jpg

IMG_1622.jpg

IMG_1635.jpg

IMG_1641.jpg

IMG_1651.jpg

IMG_1659.jpg

IMG_1662.jpg

IMG_1665.jpg

IMG_1671.jpg

IMG_1679.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The only question you didn't answer was whether or not you used ANY protective gear when spraying. ???

I took 2 images of your bike and tried to color correct them - see if you can see any difference. Might be better or worse. ???

Might be hard to tell without them being side by side.

Save them to your computer and then you might be able to see them side by side. Not a major difference but it might be closer?

IMG_1614cc.jpg

IMG_1635cc.jpg

Airtech http://www.airtech-streamlining.com or Catalyst http://catalystracingcomposites.com

I went with the Airtech myself and a lot of others have done the same. I am able to use my stock seat. get the 6 inch tail that accepts the hump. I too cud not do without it. got nowhere else to put my shiit. the Catalyst seems to be a little more rounded. jus not my cup of tea but two each his own.

im lookn to plasticoat my emblem on the rear of my 2013 Mustang GT (yea its forced inducted to:thumbsup:) and was wondering if u cud walk me thru the steps on how to use the plasticoat?

Definitely spray some DipCoat or spray wax on them. Takes that rubbery feeling away and also even more durable too.

I totally agree. A +4 arm can get away with the stock tail, but anything more needs one. Any suggestions on brand? I'd like to keep the trunk and still ride 2-up.

The only question you didn't answer was whether or not you used ANY protective gear when spraying. ???

I took 2 images of your bike and tried to color correct them - see if you can see any difference. Might be better or worse. ???

Might be hard to tell without them being side by side.

Save them to your computer and then you might be able to see them side by side. Not a major difference but it might be closer?

I'm bad about not reading thoroughly apparently, lol. Dang it. Yes you do want to wear a mask for sure, especially if in a garage. That's really it, could wear disposable gloves but not required... I didn't.

I appreciate the photoshop! On my monitor it's still not right. There's less yellow than what the original pictures show. It's basically kawi green with a hint of yellow. I'm not sure why plasti-dip seems hard to capture. Even on the truck, I ordered light blue dip and it looks light blue in pictures but in person it's definitely grabber blue.

Airtech Motorcycle bodywork, 6000+ fairings, tanks & tails, USA built! or Catalyst Motorcycle Bodywork and Racing Equipment Parts & Accessories

I went with the Airtech myself and a lot of others have done the same. I am able to use my stock seat. get the 6 inch tail that accepts the hump. I too cud not do without it. got nowhere else to put my shiit. the Catalyst seems to be a little more rounded. jus not my cup of tea but two each his own.

im lookn to plasticoat my emblem on the rear of my 2013 Mustang GT (yea its forced inducted to:thumbsup:) and was wondering if u cud walk me thru the steps on how to use the plasticoat?

Thanks for the links, I'm going to look into them for sure. I had no clue you could keep your trunk when doing it, guess I've mostly seen race tails. It's very easy, especially for emblems. DYC can explain it way better than I could. Check this out and if any questions after I'm glad to help.

Just to show the difference DipCoat makes, here's a picture I snapped yesterday. All roll ups were shut and just had the walk in door open which my bike was close by. You can see how it makes the pearl come out more which makes it have a little bit of shine. Feels like paint too, definitely a good thing for where your knees go. Jeans will slide around on it now.

Also attached what Lime Tree Green vinyl looks like. Matches fantastic, pretty good guess I made!

20150827_172007.jpg

20150826_153316.jpg

What is yours? +6?
Who made it?

SB-Customs 6" over. Great people to deal with and great price. Thing I like most about it is I can maintain factory-like look since the factory wheel is widened to fit a 240/250. Sort of wished I'd gone 300, but hard to swallow the price of the kit.

Very nice but dude I love your man cave that garage is huge :thumbsup:

Thanks! Same here, one of those childhood dreams I always planned to get. People over the years have always told me, imagine how big of a shop you want and then make it bigger because you'll outgrow it at some point. I'm just now getting it all setup. At the old house, bike had to live in the living room, now it has it's own house, lol.

The bike looks normal to me, albeit I'll be doing something to the tail soon, just haven't decided if I'll do the GSXR1K or extended.. Choices!

Got bored the other day and been thinking about it since I dipped the bike so did a little tracing and CAD work to get my helmet to match the bike. It's a rough draft, definitely have some fine tuning to do to it, as well as do the bottom of the helmet. It'd look way better with a green shield, but of course I just bought the blue one a couple weeks before I decided to dip the bike.

20150908_184022.jpg

20150908_184050.jpg

20150908_184046.jpg

20150908_184103.jpg

Hey,

very nice bike and cool colour....also the Gixxer exhaust looks very good on the Busa, in regards to the longer tail, I think I would keep the stock tail, looks just perfekt with the extended swing arm since the stock arm looks too short IMO...Any further mods planned?

Hey,

very nice bike and cool colour....also the Gixxer exhaust looks very good on the Busa, in regards to the longer tail, I think I would keep the stock tail, looks just perfekt with the extended swing arm since the stock arm looks too short IMO...Any further mods planned?

Thanks man! I went to your thread and now I want a B-King tail and especially exhaust. I'm a sucker for under tail exhausts. I wonder if anyone has ever swapped them and if they're a straight up swap?

I think QS will be my next mod now, lol.

Good idea man, the B-King tail looks quite nice and is not too short nor too big for a Busa, not sure about direct fitting, I thing the back-side of the frames are different, but there is another member here who did the tail swap to a gen 1 busa:

25643592.jpg

Hayabusa - B King cross

The Quickshifter is in my opinion the best mod I did so far.....its just pure fun stepping through the gears :laugh:

Back