Hayabusa Brake Upgrade rant.

Amazing write up!

As a dealer - we can supply anything GALFER, BREMBO, ACCOSSATO & EBC.

When I got the Gen-II, I absolutely hated the stock brakes. Amazed at how pure crap they were.

I did Galfer braided lines, fluid, Galfer Wave Rotors front/rear & several different pads. Busa owners have raved about EBC Extreme Pro Pads for years, and i had to finally see what the hubbub was about. Twice the cost of normal pads, they were worth every penny. Amazing stopping power.

Brembo RCS master cylinder was next on the list...

7506156412_257d901470_b.jpg

7506155622_345859d293_b.jpg

19135444265_7085e1e550_o.jpg

7506156328_39ac9c77ea_b.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey pashnit!

I want to upgrade my brake lines to Galfer black with black fittings but I need an extended rear line for my stretched swingarm. How do we make that happen? :D

This has to be the most organized, mature and logical rant this site has ever seen... Nice work sir!

I like the look and potential performance of them . I will be looking at a new set of calipers for next Busa , don't know what brand etc , but am looking at Brembo T drive rotors in stainless or Braketech Axis in stainless , would love a set of ceramic Braketech but these are big $ and hard to secure . I am obsessed with billet calipers , really like a nickle set of GP4-RX , if I could get a deal on ISR that would also be an option . The ultimate though , for fitment to my L2 would be Brembo GP4-RR Monoblocs . Whatever I get , the best option will most likely be transferred across to my L2 , and the black GP4-RX will go to next Busa . :thumbsup:

Years ago PVM had a really trick set of fork adapters for monoblocks but I’m not really sure they are in production any longer but I know Harris performance is a great source for this upgrade.

I must not be riding hard enough,in the 16 years I've owned 3 Busas(one with a turbo,though it had braided lines and Wave roters)I've never ass ended anything and always thought the stock brakes were adequate.:DI have to admit 90% was on freeways(and lots of triple digits)with the occasional stop at a light or sign,probably why.:D

Years ago PVM had a really trick set of fork adapters for monoblocks but I’m not really sure they are in production any longer but I know Harris performance is a great source for this upgrade.
I must not be riding hard enough,in the 16 years I've owned 3 Busas(one with a turbo,though it had braided lines and Wave roters)I've never ass ended anything and always thought the stock brakes were adequate.:DI have to admit 90% was on freeways(and lots of triple digits)with the occasional stop at a light or sign,probably why.:D
HI all. I am using Beranger brakes 6 piston front and 2 piston rear the Driven rotors were $320.00 the front was 750.00 each the rear with rotor was 750.00 the mastors were 1500.00. I went with black braided lines I made the lines up at the shop. I used all aluminum fittings and banjo bolts 11 fittings and 8 banjo bolts with the brake app $325.00. I have not ordered the titanium brake pistons yet saves 6 ozs, I want to see if I can get the made out of phnolic even lighter. The only stock part in the brakes is the rear master.

this is the best 300 dollars ever spent ever on a motorcycle or a car ever in the history of mankind... kudos...

Most interstate turns are designed to be taken without slowing down. People are on cruise and just keep the same speed straight or turning. So the radiuses are big enough to be safe at 150% the posted speed minimum. For a bike, you can do it at 2 to 3 times the posted safe limit. At those speeds, braking is not a delicate exercise, its off or on - a switch would work Lol. So, stock brakes would probably work I suppose. But I was absolutely amazed at how bad the stock brakes were once I upgraded. I don't think the stock brakes are unsafe, but they are definitely just barely adequate.

My 06 LE must have been put together pretty well as I've never been disappointed with any aspect of its performance. But, as with any bike I've had I upgraded to EBC HH brake pads and braided SS brake lines. I have great modulation at the lever and the brakes really haul down the speed. I don't track it and thru the twisties I probably brake more with the throttle than the brakes so I don't have any real 'hard use over and over' track like experience to relate. For comparison my Ducati 999 had Brembos that also really hauled down the speed but they had almost no modulation feel at the lever. Better is certainly better but for street use, especially considering the cost of (really) better brakes including calipers, rotors, pads, lines and master cylinders, I've been completely satisfied with my brakes.

Back