With sadness...

VIPER

Formerly known as viperblackbusa.
Registered
Well the time has come, i know it did once before, i am letting the busa go. I have been struggling with back pain for number of years now and i just cant ride the thing. I dont want to sink a bunch of money into the machine to try to make it rideable and still fail then be out even more money. I have decided i am going to the dark side least kinda. I am trading my busa in on a Porche...aka V-ROD. I found a smoking deal on one locally and i cant refuse. I have ridden the rod most of the week as it is a private owner who has it. We traded bikes for the week and both of us are thrilled with the swap. Will make it official tomorrow morning. Nice thing is my bank is doing an exchange of equities so my balance doesnt change or anything else just the bike. The guy i am swapping is giving me a grand so i basically got 8000 for my busa. Not bad for an 08 with 1500 miles on it. The rod is an 07 with 4000 miles on it. Babied big time as the fellow is older. It has an after market air cleaner cover, bigger fuel tank, full exhaust, and has been programmed. It also has a security system, new tires and fresh oil change. And get this many of you remember when i joined, some wont, my 2002 bus was viper blue......Well the Rod is viper blue! Its like a full circle kinda just a different machine. I have no plans on leaving this site as many of yopu have become great friends. I have yet to meet some of you in person but i have met some! I look forward to many years of fellowship here till vabs kicks my ass out....

Doesn't matter what you ride, as long as you ride. (Ok, maybe it matters a little :lol:) I'm glad you found another bike that is a good fit and didn't have to leave motorcycling completely. And don't forget, we're a visual bunch so post up some pics.

yea lets see. time for change I guess. nothn wrong with that. I think those bikes are pretty hot. its not like they are slow lol they dominate in NHRA.....:beerchug:

attachment.php?attachmentid=283612&stc=1&d=1438361605.jpg

IMAG0132.jpg

IMAG0133.jpg

IMAG0134.jpg

IMAG0135.jpg

ya very comfy....no hurt back, numb hands, or any other issues i been having from the nerve damage

Sweet at least the guy bought a good exhaust,, Thunder Header!

May be loud but it works very well on V Rods!

yup thunder header and its been programmed and has some airbox mod or something....will find out more tomorrow when we finish the deal. its surprisingly fast. I didnt expect it out of this machine but wow it does move.

okie proud owner of a vrod...will get some good pics up in a bit...just finished cleaning and polishing...sweating like a stuck hog...lmao...btw it is sooooo comfortable to ride and surprising powerful.no busa but nice.

A Vrod is an awesome bike, It's too bad Harley never kept up with the plans to offer that motor in other bikes.

Lets be positive! the V-Rod is a fricking beast and sounds amazing! I mean come on it's not like you bought a Vespa! But I really hope you stay healthy !!!

yea lets see. time for change I guess. nothn wrong with that. I think those bikes are pretty hot. its not like they are slow lol they dominate in NHRA.....:beerchug:

...except the V & H bikes aren't actually H-D,only thing H-D on their bikes might be a decal.:laugh:

Thunderheader is a great pipe,had one on my 96" Shovel back in '93.:thumbsup:

Back