**The OFFICIAL TEAM GIXXER smacktalk thread**

Saw a few pics from this weekend....

Capture.JPG

Capture1.JPG

Already?!?

Doesn't state if it's construction traffic or bike/car traffic....but for goodness sakes, it IS RIGHT BESIDE the Interstate! Somebody just wants some of the $$$ they see the track bringing in...

Doesn't state if it's construction traffic or bike/car traffic....but for goodness sakes, it IS RIGHT BESIDE the Interstate! Somebody just wants some of the $$$ they see the track bringing in...

I don't understand what you mean... The article is saying neighbors are complaining of the noise. Would that not be the cars/bikes on track?

I don't understand what you mean... The article is saying neighbors are complaining of the noise. Would that not be the cars/bikes on track?

I would assume so, but NCM seemed to deflect a little of that onto construction noise...I heard that they had people out with noise meters all over the track this last weekend...

I thought I'd post up a couple photos from a recent track day with my friends so you young punks on the East (Wrong) coast would know how us old fellers go about having fun out here! :laugh:

Great day of fun with good friends are what makes lasting memories! I'm going to put all my videos onto dvd's so when I reach the old folks home I can invite the ladies (One at a time) to my room to show them what I use to do before I arrived at the Hotel Grey Beard! :smileyexhibit:

Keeper_June_22_2015-1042.jpg

Keeper_June_22_2015-1451.jpg

Keeper_June_22_2015-2066.jpg

SSHS_June_22_2015-1847.jpg

I thought I'd post up a couple photos from a recent track day with my friends so you young punks on the East (Wrong) coast would know how us old fellers go about having fun out here! :laugh:

Great day of fun with good friends are what makes lasting memories! I'm going to put all my videos onto dvd's so when I reach the old folks home I can invite the ladies (One at a time) to my room to show them what I use to do before I arrived at the Hotel Grey Beard! :smileyexhibit:

Nice pics Tuf!
Is that the ridge?

I would assume so, but NCM seemed to deflect a little of that onto construction noise...I heard that they had people out with noise meters all over the track this last weekend...

So is stt still on at NCM in August?
I have already paid for this event at ncm.

So..are you riding..or just about to fall off because you missed your nap time you ole Blue Hair!

Looks like I'll be doing my first coaching this weekend at Tally. They were short staffed, so Charlie took the window to throw my name out there.

I STILL don't have my trailer, so i'm trailer bumming again! This time it's the behemoth that is Charlie's trailer.. I pulled it to the house last night to load it up and i'm sure people looked at me funny. The ole Explorer really did a surprisingly good job hauling the 4k pound mammoth. I guess the 7k pound rating on this car isn't as far off as I thought :)

I'm kinda glad the rest of Team Gixxer won't be there. Be able to do my own thing without feeling the judgment....

Novice Instructors:

Jay Bolen
Tim Seaman
Stephen Kay
Daniel Surovets (Sat) Jimmy Pierce (Sun)
Aziz Niyazov (Sat) Andrew Buse (Sun)

IMAG0891_zpshp7sp0ga.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope you have GOOD BRAKES

I hope you have GOOD BRAKES

I'll be putting my newly installed brake controller to good use.. My new trailer will have brakes, so i'm just testing out the controller with this beast :)

But I will say: Thank goodness for trailer brakes!

So I had an awesome time coaching for the first time at Tally this weekend. It was NASTY hot, but made it through. I went out in a couple of A session and set a new PB which is always good :)

I learned a lot already in one weekend. I had one student that crashed while following me. If I could go back, I would have handled him a little different based on his personality, but that's where you learn.. Also had one student who got his knee down for the first time, and also gave one guy the bump to I. It is definitely work but it's fun being able to help those who want to be helped....

Did some coaching on both Charlie's 07 and mine. I must say Charlie, I make your bike LOOK GOOD :laugh:.. Got lots of picks taken for the weekend so posting several here. Doing it again at Barber this weekend! :thumbsup:

824590_zps9rzl6etr.jpg

Showing BAD BP
824592_zpsus1scyk2.jpg

824595_zpsbxnciv2z.jpg

Hot Pit
824591_zpstndu9h46.jpg

This was my student that crashed. He had good BP and was riding great, just tried to run before walking..
824593_zpskigi0mwl.jpg
824594_zpstzantijj.jpg

824596_zpswzqghrqq.jpg
824599_zps1b87dxcs.jpg

Pit Shot!
824598_zps9jtt26h1.jpg

Camera stare down :laugh:
824600_zpslxbfultt.jpg

Turn 1
824601_zpsdzqgbfml.jpg
824602_zps66z7p7q3.jpg

PLAY TIME!!!
824603_zpsyi8bp7wu.jpg
824606_zps6wmrxi7s.jpg
824604_zpskf8on5jk.jpg

All great pics, but that last one is the best!! Congrats!

Since I'm a new coach too, I say this with all humbleness - If I could give ANY advice about the guy you lost: My observation is that it's better when working with a student to lead a few laps at a pace you KNOW the student can hang with and show the line, then swap places and FOLLOW a couple of laps - because then you'll pretty much know how much they can reasonably take without getting themselves into trouble. If they look good, pass and lead a few a little faster, then swap and FOLLOW again - conversely, if they are outdoing themselves, pass back QUICKLY and tone them down...With that method you may be able to catch a student and say "that's enough" before the student hangs himself/herself trying to keep up with/stay in front of you...

All great pics, but that last one is the best!! Congrats!

Since I'm a new coach too, I say this with all humbleness - If I could give ANY advice about the guy you lost: My observation is that it's better when working with a student to lead a few laps at a pace you KNOW the student can hang with and show the line, then swap places and FOLLOW a couple of laps - because then you'll pretty much know how much they can reasonably take without getting themselves into trouble. If they look good, pass and lead a few a little faster, then swap and FOLLOW again - conversely, if they are outdoing themselves, pass back QUICKLY and tone them down...With that method you may be able to catch a student and say "that's enough" before the student hangs himself/herself trying to keep up with/stay in front of you...

The last was my favorite too :)

And you're exactly right on the student. What I didn't to was let the student back around me before he biffed it... I had let him go earlier in the day when I was on Charlie's bike and actually couldn't keep up since I was handling the 07 "with the utmost care" :)... So on the 6th session (when he crashed), he followed me the entire time and I gradually upped the pace. Every time I looked back he was on my ass. I'd give him a thumbs up and keep going. I should have let him back around and followed him the rest of the time, which is where I would change what I did. It was actually after getting the CHECKERED FLAG in turn 1 that he crashed in turn 2.

This is where you learn when you start instructing, and it's great. At the end of the day, I feel I should have handled it differently due to his personality (and probably kept him from crashing), but I also know that I can't be responsible for it since I can't control his brain and right hand.. It was a great learning experience i'll take with me to Barber this weekend :thumbsup:

Back