New 2008 Owner

Tom Buyer

Registered
Hey All!

New owner here saying Hello. I've had an assortment of sportbikes and cruisers over the years, and spent a summer commuting on a Gen I Busa. I was in the mood for another one, so I just picked up a 2008. Pics attached are the dealer pics, but are of the actual unit.

I'm reading all of the initial tips, suggestions, etc. and appreciate them all. I like to wrench on my own bikes, so I'll read a lot of the DIY's.

The bike came with VooDoo exhaust, which isn't my favorite, but it's not bad. I'll likely add the Speakeasy inserts. I'm not worried about the power generated or lost, as the bike is plenty quick for me either way. In my 20's, I wanted to be fastest. Now well into my 30's, I'm happy to just get out and ride.

I ordered Soupy's F&R kit and will bring the bike down a little, just from a feet-on-the-ground comfort standpoint. It will still operate plenty fine for the level of twisty's I take. I don't think I'll stretch or widen, but may swap the wheels for some Marchesini's at some point. Any other stock-size wheel recommendations are appreciated.

What I really want, is to add a rear seat cowl as comes OEM with a new purchase and they seem to be nearly impossible to find. I've done a bunch of searching already in this forum, but have struggled to find clear info. Any tips here also appreciated.

Thanks!

3A_800.jpg

zA_800.jpg

Hg_800.jpg

iw_800.jpg

2008 and up cowl will work...check out honda east toledo...best prices usually

Paint the rearsets they are sticking out like a sore thumb on there. Otherwise great bike you'll enjoy it!

Back