TURBO-BUSA-RIDIN'-BASTID
Donating Member
Registered
anybody seen this before

my malamute wolf is 8 years old.

he hasn't eaten for a couple days.

his gums an' tongue are white.

he is lathargic. he can barely move.

his weight has been up an' down for several weeks.

he was 101 lbs last week(thats thin for him)

he was 105 this morning.

his heart rate is 160.

he is , thank god, still drinking.

of course we have done the obvious,our pal is at the vet's getting blood work, urine samples,etc...

my house mouse is worried beyond comprehesion...

any thoughts , any ideas...

Sorry to hear RSD
sad.gif

Has he been able to relieve himself at all? If not, he may be retaining fluids, and if he can't get rid of the waste, then the kindeys cannot remove impurities from the blood. This would give the same symptoms as renal failure (kidney). This is like a filteration system that can't filter anymore, and is allowing the contaminants to remain in the stream.

If he is having fluid build up like this, then it can cause fluid to accumulate in the sack around the heart. This exerts pressure on the heart, restricting its movement, and will cause the heart rate to increase to try to compensate for the reduced pumping capacity.

I'm not a Vet, or a doctor, but I'm just applying the limited knowledge I've gained through watching family members experience this, and also what I've been able to learn through my time with the Fire/Rescue services.

Good Luck RSD
wink.gif

Check him for ticks.  Sounds like the start of Lymes Disease.  Could be something else, but that's something you need to rule out.  If you don't have snow, you could hve ticks.

Here's the list of thing that could go with Lymes Disease:

anorexia (lack of appetite)
weight loss
fever
lethargy (mild to severe)
discharge from the nose or eyes (in puppies, sneezing or clear nasal discharge)
diarrhea (may contain blood or raspberry gel-like component)
cough-deep or merely hacking
neurological signs including seizures, repetitive obsessive/compulsive actions such as chewing fur and/or licking legs, uncoordination or palsy
depression
vomiting bile (yellow and possibly frothy) stained fluid
hemorrhaging even when blood count looks normal
lightening of nose color
nosebleeds
blood clotting problems-even with normal CBC (complete blood count)
edema (swelling) of the extremities
muscle wasting
chronic ear and skin infections that do not respond to normal treatments
low platelet count (thrombocytopenia)
ocular signs including bloodshot and glassy eyes, anterior uveitis, retinal hemorrhages, dilated pupils, photophobia
low WBC count (leukopenia)
elevated WBC count (leukocytosis)
regenerative or non-regenerative anemia
arthritis, unexplained lameness in one or all legs
weakness
pallor (pale gums or tongue)
incontinence
enlarged liver, spleen
liver, kidney failure
elevated liver enzymes or kidney function tests
increased thirst and urination
neck or back pain
bleeding under the skin or a rash (purpura)
enlarged lymph nodes
irreversible bone marrow suppression
protein in urine
prostatic infections and/ or enlarged prostates in young, intact dogs

Best Wishes.

<!--EDIT|TruWrecks
Reason for Edit: None given...|1110653005 -->

I'm no vet, so I'm no authority on dogs.  I have owned (or they've owed me) a few when I was younger, and they've had ticks a few times.  Please keep us up to date.

<!--EDIT|TruWrecks
Reason for Edit: None given...|1110653427 -->

I'm no vet, so I'm no authority on dogs.  I have owned (or they've owed me) a few when I was younger, and they've had ticks a few times.  Please keep us up to date.
ya, he's got a bunch of those symtoms.

My better half is calling the vet right now to have that checked,if it hasn't been already...

good suggestion Wrecks...

I think he's up to date on shots that protect against Lyme.

but who the fug knows.... i'm gettin worried.

my wifes and I tought's are with you man, I can't even imagine having problems with our little ones(pets). Keep us posted and I will say some prayers for your wolf.

my wifes and I tought's are with you man, I can't even imagine having problems with our little ones(pets). Keep us posted and I will say some prayers for your wolf.
thx man. we've had 1 call so far....there leaning towards Addisons disease. That don't sound too fuggin' good.

more tests...

Oh, man. I'm so sorry to hear this, RSD. I can't imagine what you're going through. I hope everything works out alright, bro.

sorry to hear your four legged friend is feeling poorly...there are many websites that are set up just for learning about diseases and symptoms for your pets...i too think the Tick bite is a definite possibility as our Dalmatian had similar symptoms once from a tickbite....good luck to your wolf...here is a descripton of Addisons disease if you want to read up....
http://www.cah.com/library/addison.html

well that was one of the shiddiest phone calls thats come into this house for awhile.

Kodiac has a possible twisted spleen.

the vets are thinking 2-3 thounsand dollars.

This is to do an exploratory operation.

guess Rubbah needs to get a fuggin' paper route.

gone to the vets....I'll keep ya posted.

anybody ever seen a grown Rubbah cry.

My local vet felt he couldn't handle it, so he passed us off to the best animal hospital around. I think he just didn't wanna deal with the rath of rubbah.

I'll tell ya, seein' my lil wolf spred out on that metal table did not put a good vision in to the head of ol rubb.

There goin' in. Gonna open up my boy. His belly is apparantly full of blood. my poor wolf is bleeding internally.my wife is a mess. I'm a mess an' pissed off at everyone from jesus to fuggin' god himself...if there is one. if he's up there an' fuggin' with my inocent pooch , i'm gonna kick his ass right outa fuggin heaven.

this #### sucks. why does it have to be innocent creatures.now I'm pissed. the vets prognosis,excuse my speling I'm tired, angry an' a little wet eyed. is not that great.but they didn't mind taking my credit card number.first vet...this morning...a little over 500 bucks. this vet, asked for an' advance of 1700 bucks. they figure that might be about half... if my boy lives.

anybody wanna cage match for 3900....that, or i could sell my body on the street. 15 dollars,15 minutes. 25 dollars , half an' hour.

I dont do 'em....prayers that is. if you do, I know the house mouse would appreciate. She's pretty much in pieces.
I think she's gonna cry forever.

now we will sit an' wait for the phone to ring.

If ya dont like the Rubbah....thats cool...

But if ya can see yer way clear to prayin' for the pooch,
I know the wife would appreciate it.

dont forget Kodiac in yer prayers tonight.

its kinda odd, but Rip knows something is terribly wrong.

Rip is Kodiac's cell mate. heee hee. his sister.

I could post ya up some pics.... but then I'd prolly start fuggin blubberin'.
an' if I did that, I'd have to take my own life.

guns.gif
sad.gif

so, instead.... I'll just drink heavily

sad.gif
Sorry Bro, really sorry... I understand what your talking about, and it's hard as fug...

Booze my Brother... Lots of Booze and a Good cry seem to work it all out. Then after a few months if things go poorly you'll be back to the old you...

Hell Had my Buddy Nikki for 19 years, she was my friend through all the hard stuff from Junior High, through college, into and out of the Military and down to Florida.... She was allways there.... I still miss her and get all blearly eyed, but it's getting better...

I'll be thinking about ya.

Rev

And I gots me fingers crossed.

Your pooch is in my thoughts RSD,

I hope everything works out well for all of you.

I feel for you bro. When it comes to loved ones, you've gotta do everything for 'em.  When it's an innocent animal that you love, it's all the more difficult when they're in pain...

I got my dog when she was 7 wks. old then found out a month later that she'd develop severe arthritis (genetically predisposed) later in life. The way out of that was surgery, something like 2500. worth....but what are you gonna do?  There's no way that it wasn't gonna happen.  She's 6 yrs. now + running around like crazy. Worth every penny, even if it only gives her a few extra years of working joints...

I'd be willing to chip in to help. Mebbe the board could organize something together to help defray this a bit?......

prayers are with you + your wolf....

<!--EDIT|shortBoarder
Reason for Edit: None given...|1110683949 -->

georgia.JPG

Sorry to hear Rubbah. I had to put our oldest golden retriever down a couple of months ago. It sure as hell hurts, and I don't wish that on anyone. Thoughts are with ya RSD.

Grieving is normal man, don't be too hard on yourself for it.

RIP Zach
sad.gif
(Letting the little pup take a nap)

<!--EDIT|stkr00
Reason for Edit: None given...|1110684412 -->

DSC00008.JPG

had to make some phone caslls of course...family an such..

vet opened him up... his liver is toast. bleeding an pussing every where.

they said they couldn't save him.

Kodiac is gone. healthy an' runnin' a couple days ago.

now my big furry beast is gone.

what a great dog.

send him up right yoiu guys.... send the right prayers an' such.
goood dog.

Back