Damn Gen2!

oldgixxer

Registered
So I haven't posted in awhile,had major back surgery in January and have been recovering since. I took my Gen2 out last night to the Chatterbox in NJ with another Busa buddy(Mark,you on this forum???) for a bike night,normally don't go to those things but since I mounted new tires and have a new tune I figured what the hell. Last year I hardly rode my '09,I spent most of my riding on my '05 turbo. Kinda pushed the old,heavy girl(I call her Shamoo lol)to the side and threw a blanket over her and didnt ride that much......

Which brings me to the point of my post;I forgot how much I love riding my Gen2! Its much more comfortable than either of my 1K's and its got a ****load of grunt(Carpenter 1441/head/cams)and since going -1 over the winter on the front its carrying the wheel into 4th gear lol. Riding the Gen2 is so much fun,I moved it to the front of the bike rotation and am gonna spend a lot of time on it since I cant hack the severe riding position of the 1K's quite yet. If my back heals up in time,maybe I will enjoy them again but for now they will sit collecting dust:laugh:

Here's a few pics of "Shamoo" lol...a Wolf in Sheep's clothing. All the stock reflectors,big ass mudflap and warning stickers are still on...helps make it look like a stock bike w an exhaust. But Shamoo has trapped 162mph at Atco,with my old,fat,non-riding ass on board...Love them Sleeper's ;)

IMG_4711.jpg

IMG_4712.jpg

IMG_4713.jpg

Until now, I don't think I've ever seen a Busa with more than 5 miles on the odometer that still has it's reflectors.

nice machine....how is that 1441 street wise? power?
1441 is simply awesome on the street. Makes 230rwhp & 130ft/lbs on pump gas,never runs hot and no issues in 7500mi. I like it much better than I did my 1397 Gen1.....Added bonus is when the S1000RR & HP4 guys look in disbelief as an old Busa with reflectors on it shows 'em its tail lights on the straights. Disregard the turbo tag on the dyno graph as I had two bikes getting tuned back to back by my buddy Mike@SAE Outlaw,and the 1000 was on prior to the Busa.

Until now, I don't think I've ever seen a Busa with more than 5 miles on the odometer that still has it's reflectors.
Me either lol. My riding buddies constantly break my balls about it,which is another reason to keep em on

aswesome! go easy on your back!
Thanks brotha,Im doing my best ;)

IMG_4345.jpg

Yes I Am on Here Rob :moon: got to love the 1441's , I am very Happy with my gen1 1441 Knecum can build them for sure

Let me know with a PM next time you go to the Chatterbox. I'm there every Thursday. If I know you're going I'll bring one of my turbo-bikes.

wow 230 NA hp must be a blast to ride on the street! definitely get the jump on a Turbo bike thats for sure. nice rims too!

wow 230 NA hp must be a blast to ride on the street! definitely get the jump on a Turbo bike thats for sure. nice rims too!

Id get exactly a 1.2sec jump,or as long as your turbo lags and then game over lol
Its definitely a fun bike,and the BST's make a HUGE difference once the road gets twisty.

In a good way I hope:beerchug:

Absolutely... I had heard both positive and negative about that Carpenter package on the Gen II. Those are the first real numbers I have seen on them. Is that the second package on their site?
5-angle CNC Head Porting
Custom valve springs
A set of spicy 400+ lift camshafts
Adjustable cam sprockets

Back