My Busa Overhaul

I think this is it but I need someone to verify that the part I'm missing IS this. I need what goes to this plug.

$_35.JPG

20150518_150723.jpg

And if anyone has a full set of dash panels, I can use those too. Mine went M.I.A. during the move.

It is. I'll take that sensor bro! Still waiting on my arm. Installing bearings is a b!tch I guess

Oh, i hit the start switch, bike in neutral, headlight turns off, doesn't even attempt to turn over

Bro you just gotta bite the bullet and take it to somebody legit to get fixed. @ this rate it'll be years before you get thing thing on the road again

If the headlight dies, and it doesnt try to turn over. The battery might be toast.

That's what mine was doing before I went "Ballistic"..... :thumbsup:

So this weekend i got her turning over, got the swingarm on, modified the airbox for the bigger injectors, drilled a hole in the oil pan and welded in an aluminum bung for the oil temp sensor, replaced the stock oil pressure sensor for the one from glowshift, filed her with 4.4 qts of oil and 2 gals of engine ice, slung the new chain which I'll put together tonight, and since the anti rotation tang broke off my right throttle housing, i drilled a small hole through the center of the area that broke off, put a pop rivet in the anti rotation tang hole in the handlebar leaving 1/2" of the pull stem on it and used that as a suitable sub for buying a new housing. That worked amazingly.

I had a weak moment but i didn't give in and let someone else do it and I'm glad. I feel more accomplished now and should have her up and running by COB of not this coming Friday, but next Friday.

Oh, i also fabricated a new fuel hose.

Ok. There is a welded bung under my stator that is leaking a little oil. Is it missing something?

20150721_163630.jpg

20150721_163634.jpg

I thought not. Trying to ask Tombo why but of course he won't type it. Always wants me to call..... wonder why....

Screenshot_2015-07-22-11-16-01.jpg

Screenshot_2015-07-22-11-16-05.jpg

I read this whole thing. Im curious, did this ever get finished?

Back