getting stir crazy so i bought stuff

jch364

Registered
couldn't take it any more. its always hard or me this time of year not being able to ride so I figured I would buy stuff.
1 bought a pair of alpinestars gp pr gloves. I have a pair of held phantom gloves but they r 7 yrs old now and ive worn through the fingers in a couple of spots... love the gloves though.
2. bought a set of replacement hoses since the bike is an 06. figured it was time.
3. And I bought some vortex rear sets. ive always wanted to upgrade the rear sets and I got the latest vortex rearsets with the brake switch for $318 from motomummy. seems like that's a great price since its about $130 less than it is on the vortex website. I like the look. hope they perform well.

anyone have those that can comment on them?

i dont believe either of you.............................
:rulez: pics....

here are the gloves and rearsets...

IMG_1041.jpg

IMG_1042.jpg

gloves are a great fit. nice replacement for my Held Phantoms .. when its not frakn freezing ill go to the garage and start putting the reasets on.

Winter is a good time to buy gear. I just picked up a new pair of Alpinestars GP Plus gloves for $109. Like all Alpinestars stuff they run a tad small.

nice i like those rear sets! do they match the frame well?

Winter is a good time to buy gear. I just picked up a new pair of Alpinestars GP Plus gloves for $109. Like all Alpinestars stuff they run a tad small.

I'LL second that ^^^^^

I like my Alpinestars GP gloves too, but I had to order an XL pair and my hands are not over-sized. :laugh:

when its not frakn freezing ill go to the garage and start putting the reasets on.

Easy to fix... Just bring the bike inside the house and you can work on her in comfort.

My bike is stripped (so I don't want her to freeze) apart more then I have ever had her before - But I like working on her in a heated house. :laugh:

So no excuses. Don't want to hear about you going stir crazy again.......:poke:

rearsets look like they will look good. black instead of the silver look of the stock but it looks like a good choice. got to replace the radiator hoses as well. i pulled the radiator off because i have to take to the shop since i got a little pin hole in it at the end of the riding season. prob from a rock. the shop said $75 to fix it. sounds good especially since its over $600 for a new one.. Thats beyond outrageous. the gloves are a great fit. i think im going to like them. they fit better than the held manly because i ended up getting a large in held which runs a little big for the size indicated apparently. but they were great glove in any case. i knew i wanted to get some with the kangaroo palms. there just is nothing better for feel than kangaroo. worth every penny. and if i can get 7 years out of these like i did the held gloves then i will consider that a win win

well I got the hoses on and I finally put the rear sets on. I like the look. I will have to do some adjustment on them to get them just right but it wasnt all that painful. Had a little time putting the brake side on trying to figure out how to get the brake switch on but once i had my duh moment it was not that hard. I will say this for sure. there is NO WAY in the world the hose that Vortex supplies to replace the black hose from the the brake reservoir to the rear brake thingy ... sorry.... will ever fit EVER> Had to go to the parts store and buy another line. IT was just way too thick .

in preparation for for my dragon trip in June and July i ordered a clear double bubble puig windscreen so i can put the gopro right on the tank. Then i found this place on ebay that has a luggage rack that goes in place of the grab rail location for a good price. Bought some oxford knee sliders with the magnesium rods in them to spark it up.. i hope i can actually get some video of that...And then after i did all that i noticed while i was doing a close inspection on the bike that the throttle cables had worn through by rubbing on a bolt attached to the tripple tree.. which would explain the sticky throttle. the cables werent held in place by that bracket that attaches to the frame. seems i misplaced it some time ago and never realized the cables were rubbing against anything.. oh well. should have realized that everything on that bike is purpose built right down to that bracket part.. live an learn....

Back