Weather

It still works in snow.

Go ride.

7037933003_fdba9d39f9_b.jpg

Gettin' a little rain here over the next couple of days(started about 10 minutes ago)and some snow in the hills(in mid May!:laugh:).Not like we can't use it,and gets pretty old seeing sunshine about 350 days a year...so bring it!:laugh:

We're getting spotty rain 3 out of every 4 days lately here in southwest MI. And it's high 30's, low 40's in the morning when I'm leaving for work.

I'm ready for the sun and warmth and dryness!

It still works in snow.

Go ride.

7037933003_fdba9d39f9_b.jpg

Tell me you didn't....
I lived in North Idaho in the '70s. I rode to work one day when it was about 10 degrees out (only 7 miles). Never again! I also tried to ride one day on about 5" of fresh snow (powder - not slush) and it was virtually impossible; absolutely no traction (steering or forward motion) and that was on an old Yamaha 360 Enduro with trials tires. No way Jose with a Busa!
Nice picture...but I see that it IS parked. ???

Tell me you didn't....
I lived in North Idaho in the '70s. I rode to work one day when it was about 10 degrees out (only 7 miles). Never again! I also tried to ride one day on about 5" of fresh snow (powder - not slush) and it was virtually impossible; absolutely no traction (steering or forward motion) and that was on an old Yamaha 360 Enduro with trials tires. No way Jose with a Busa!

Oh yes he did!
Trust me, Tim don't shy from a little powder.

Tell me you didn't....

So here's the story on that photo. And yes, I did. This was a tour I did to Death Valley in March during a big storm rolling across CA. Friday it was 75 & the group swam in the pool, great fun! Saturday we had very high winds in Death Valley and sand storms- which I'd never been in a sand storm before. Contrails of sand (think jets in the sky) came off the back of every bike as we rode. Sand was in everything.

DSC00396.jpg

Sunday we rode out of the park, and the winds were strong enough, one of the fellas just pulled over and refused to ride on, then it was snowing over top of the pass. Wet sticky stuff but now accumulation.

DSC00611.jpg

I used to live at 3000 ft, so to ride up out of the Central Valley, it started snowing at 2000 ft as I got near home, and they had chain control on the highway. No bikes allowed. I snuck off the highway via and exit, got back on at next on-ramp skirting chain control. Then I got lucky to pull in behind the snow plow. Slush. Not bad.

That picture is entrance to my neighborhood. So first gear, both feet on ground. Gingerly in the wheel track.

Dsc00614_900.jpg

Yes, I made it. Had to dig the bike out so I could get it in the garage. Just more adventure.

DSC00625_1024.jpg

DSC00627.jpg

DSC00628_1024.jpg

DSC00625_1024.jpg

DSC00628_1024.jpg

DSC00627.jpg

DSC00611.jpg

DSC00396.jpg

Dsc00614_900.jpg

speaking of weather we have some bad sh7t heading our way this weekend....

Back