With My new setup for this year

Dennis

Registered
My new setup for this year

I stretched it to 67" this year. I went 8.72 @ 157 all motor last year at 63" and am shooting for somewhere in the 8.50's by the end of this year. In theory my 40 shot of nitrous should knock off 3 tenths and give me about 8 mph if I can put together all the good stuff on one run.

IMG_20150410_202327690_zpskbgwsgbj.jpg

The 8.72 is with a Rock clutch. Best "stock" clutch was 8.86. I really should have gotten more with the clutch but I was fighting wheelie problems and had to take a lot of gear out, plus set the clutch conservatively. It was a very fine line between a 1.39 sixty foot and a wheelie. I have gone 1.400 on the hand clutch. I think this setup will let me tune the clutch and gear much more effectively.

rock clutch ? brock clutch? That bike looks great pretty darn fast 2
Im not spelling police I am king of misspelled lol

OIC Never herd of it but seems b doing well is it lock up clutch or slider clutch?

I like the grey that's what I picked in 06
2vrzv9w.jpg

Yea, black and grey is my favorite for the Busa. My 05 was grey/black.

The Rock is a hand slider. You still have to let the clutch out when you want to go, unlike a full slider where you can let the clutch out and sit on the two step. The hand slider has enough static pressure that you can ride it back to the pits, on the street, etc.

ok that's convenient im bracket racer lot of bracket racers use sliders because there consistent
my buddy has 1 on this gs but u have bring it up on the rpm 2 were he has it set 2 take off
so he can ride it back on return lane but some tracks have frown on it because its 2 hard of leave b doing off track.
MY Honda 50 has motor driven clutch same principal I guess gas+go.
I know it takes getting used 2 on a dragbike .I have crossover delay box on my busa that took me while get used 2.
This bike has slider very deadly bracket bike or it was till he bent couple rods in it lol
This is slider with line lock on rear brakes +cross over delay box+msd adjustable rpm ignition, I have the Schnitz launch box adjustable rpm
wlsjv4.jpg

If you have a crossover delay box you must have a slider? I could use a delay box on mine but it would be difficult as I would still need to keep the clutch lever pulled. I think most delay box/two step guys use the switch on the clutch for the delay box with a full slider. I'm keeping my bike in the "street" bike classes though.

no I don't have slider I use same cylinder used 4 line lock 2 hold clutch in release big button on top yellow
Then delay box lets cylinder that's starving hydraulic fluid to release fluid when timer runs out.
Did me good last few years .040 or less most time then I go 4 better light if I get in $ rounds.
I know some guys on here don't like them but hell im 55 I know im not as fast as a 20-30 year old lol. I have cylinder mounted were overflow bottle was ran a longer line 4 overflow into a bottle zip tied on my stock swingarm.
2ih9njs.jpg

With my hand slider my bracket lights got a lot better because I don't have to worry about modulating the clutch out by hand. I prefer the no-box (no electronics) class because I'm almost always the faster vehicle which I like and typically the less experienced racers are in this class. The box classes around here are loaded with dragsters that cut .02 to .03 lights at worst and run on the dial or maybe .01 off. It takes a .04 light or better in no-box to be competitive and on the bigger event days you better be cutting .01 lights and maybe .01 off the dial if you want to make it to the semi's.

If you don't have a bleeder valve or jet in the clutch line that must be a pretty abrupt clutch release, especially if you are at full throttle when it hits. You could actually use your system with a hand slider and two step and have the advantage of being able to street ride and also drive back to the pits. I bet you would be more consistent too.

Prob right I have considerd going 2 slider clutch......Dragsters u guys race cars vs bikes? They don't do that here I know delay box cars+ dragsters r very tough on light.

Yea we can run with the cars. We have limited bike races so if you want to play that's how it works. On test-n-tune days pretty much bikes just run bikes. It was fun last year when the new track owner let me run the import vs domestic shootout. They had always banned bikes before so some Mustang or Camaro would win. Should have seen the domestic's reaction when they saw me pull up.

I like the grey that's what I picked in 06
2vrzv9w.jpg
no offense but that bar looks absolutely ridiculous. please remove that. guys have gone 6.50 at 215+ mph with no bar. there is absolutely no need for a bar at those power levels. and age has nothn to do with it. I know a local guy in his mid 60's going 7.30's.....:whistle: and no he has no bar.

no offense but that bar looks absolutely ridiculous. please remove that. guys have gone 6.50 at 215+ mph with no bar. there is absolutely no need for a bar at those power levels. and age has nothn to do with it. I know a local guy in his mid 60's going 7.30's.....:whistle: and no he has no bar.

no offense here ether but I prob won more last season then u have since u been racing its cool there always lots chest pounders on chat boards
there always guys that want look down on somebody no big deal.
heres idea u race how u want I will how I want. That bikes won several track championships .Theres some fast bikes @ my track most them give me there $ all season
34pxj43.jpg

weres yours? sorry 4 got they don't make them 4 chat board racing lol

2d9gna.jpg

No clutch adjustments, just the longer wheelbase and going to the 46 tooth rear sprocket (17/46) and the bike is now much more rideable and shows potential. I'll start playing with the clutch next time out and hopefully run a little deeper into the 8.60's with the goal of 8.59 in the fall air.

26Apr15%20new%20best_zpszmyilaf4.jpg

It was warm today, so I actually slowed down a bit in the 60' due to less power. I adjusted the clutch a bit to get back to a 1.32 60'. Even so I still got a slightly new better best on motor. I made couple passes on nitrous and significantly improved my best spraying (previously was 8.51 @ 163.5). I didn't make a clean pass on the bottle just because I'm not used to it and it is a bit of an animal. It feels like it wants to throw me off on the shift, especially when it hits second gear and the nitrous goes to 100% (40 hp). The result is I don't get settled on the bike until I'm basically through third gear which is mostly to the 1/8th. I've got to practice that. There is most of another tenth in it on spray if I can do everything right and spray more in first gear. I think I need some off the line to get the 60' down some.

02May15%20new%20best_copy_zpsmlqcmfkt.jpg

Back