From Mild to Loud

I removed the pair valve assembly when to the hardware store and purchased 3' of 1/2 ID heater hose, a few elbow fittings and a T fitting.. I then removed the pair valve, replaced it with the T fitting and attached about 18" of heater hose to it, then a 90 degree elbow and a short 1 1/2' piece of heater hose to that.. Below is what it ended up looking like.. :laugh:

20150321_103549.jpg

I then re-installed the new "Pair Crank case sucker" assembly.. :please: In theory this should help to relieve some crankcase pressure (as it did being routed to the airbox).. This mod eliminates the fact that dirty, oily air is being sucked into your intake potentially robbing horsepower from your motor. Now all that dirty air from the crankcase is being routed directly to your exhaust. I have heard (for what its worth) that this mod is worth from 2 to 5 hp being freed up.. I don't care about that really, I just like the idea of not having that dirty air going into the air fuel mixture anymore.

20150321_104309.jpg

20150321_104254.jpg

20150321_104249.jpg

Also note the photo below.. That is a pic of my intake valves,, this photo is typical of all 8.. Don't know if this normal, if it was caused by the stock crankcase routing, or by the over oiled filter or what ever.. I just looks terrible. The whole intake tract was spotless, but the back of the valves were all gummed up and dirty, this cannot be good for hp.. I sprayed some injector cleaner in there and let it sit.. ( that did nothing).. I also purchased a can of wynns power charge and ran it through the gas tank.. Gonna check and see if that made a difference later.

20150320_193135.jpg

Back