Winter Project - E85 Conversion for a 1397

We won't even get baby pics :laugh:

Congratulations, hope baby and mom are both doing well :poke:

Well for those of you that are FB friends... they are posted there... but i guess I can share for my other friends too.. I took this just after she was born. Her and mom are doing great.

10014998_10153878003560720_177111553_n.jpg

Its offical - purchased the Woolich Racing Log Box Pro for Denso ECU's (Gen 1 Hayabusa's) with autotune. Thats right! Autotune for Gen1! Also picked up a second pigtail for my other bike.

so my WRT logbox Pro showed up today! Even through this thread is for my 1397 drag bike, I am going to put some info in here for the log box as i am going to "test it" in a few phases. The first phases are going to be tested on my mostly stock street/shop bike. stock motor, stock/cut single sided exhaust, airbox mod, pair block-off, basic ECU flash with timing set in all maps and dwell time set to 120. I attached some unboxing photos and will be taking photos of the install on a stock wire harness to give an idea of how difficult it really is. I want to see if there is any value in having one for a mostly stock bike. I will of course be posting more results as I progress with this.

Phase 1 - hooked up with no external sensors and see what it logs.
Phase 2 - add Wideband
Phase 3 - add any useful OEM sensors
switch to drag bike
Phase 4 - add fuel pressure sensor & oil pressure sensor - probably from MPS.
Phase 5 ??? will see where it goes from there.

Update on the 1397 - MPS 62lb injectors installed on TB, Aeromotive 13105 regulator ordered today, new main bearings ordered so i can start fitting the crankshaft in. Its back from APE with a service check and a new set of Wossner h-beams. Tranny is back from Robinson Industries with a tune-up on first and 2nd gear. need to fix my high idle - makes it a bit difficult to put into gear and wears the dogs down a bit. Factory Pro Evo Shift Star ordered from Ronayers as well. Wasn't going to but it comes with a heavier detent spring. Was going to get one from MPS anyways so I figured id just spend another 100 and get the star with it.

DSCN2251.jpg

DSCN2252.jpg

DSCN2253.jpg

DSCN2255.jpg

DSCN2250.jpg

Looks almost identical to the box I got except mine had more in it. I got the ZT-3 Wideband and a ZR-3 digital readout.

Have fitted it all. No problems so far.

I used t-tap connectors instead of the scotchlocks.

Just need to calibrate AD sensors and then time to test and start logging.

I'm going to remove the flashed ECU and PC3 that was tuned to suit. They'll go in a box and another ECU will be fitted for this project.

Be interesting to compare notes.

I've decided that since I will be using this on two different bikes that I will be building a special harness that will splice inline with all of the needed connectors and sensors. This will allow me to move the box from one bike to another and not have to splice into the harness. Clean and done. Just need to verify a few connectors and then will be ordering. I have the main pigtail installed on the ECU now. Second one ive done and still dont like it :-/ since they are kind of a PITA to get in and locked.

Got the crankshaft fitted last night. Mic'd the crank and all came out to spec. checked against the plastigage and all my gaps were right @ .002 with the exception of one @ .003. I am going to order a tighter bearing for it and refit that one. I will also be shipping off my new/used MPS 62lb injectors for flow testing.

Wow its been a long time - sooooo here we go.

Fuel system is 99% done. Using the stock tank and a tank flange from Pule Performance Parts. 85 micron pre-filter, Walbro 255 pump, Fuelab 6 micron post-filter, SAE Outlaw Performance billet fuel rail (Scott Horner may be coming up with a better fuel rail for me), and finally Aeromotive 13105 regulator.

Motor is mounted back in the chassis, filled with some awesome goodies. Wossner h-beam rods, APE head studs/nuts. APE main studs, APE billet shift fork shafts along with a brand new set of shift forks. Tranny came back from Robinson Industries with their touch of love. Still have the 1397 JE pistons from FBG, APE lightened and balanced crank and the Carpenter Racing head, ported and setup with a set of 425/385 cams.

Just ordered two 100 PSI sensor/transducers for the data logger. Going to be logging fuel pressure and oil pressure on the extra channels on the WRT Log Box Pro.

I have modified (with the Sawzall) my subframe to allow for more storage of electronics and fuel things.

Coming up next is making a rear support structure to support the tail.

Getting more work done - working on the new rear support for the extended Catalyst tail. waiting on new axle blocks from Grothus Dragbikes. Going to extend it out a few more inches to fit the new body.

fuel system finally complete after re-working at least 3 times and waiting 2 months for a fuel filter...

Picked up a used set of ID1000's and had them sent off to the cleaners.

Carbon fiber headlight replacement piece in thanks to a sponsor Carbon Aramid. George has some top quality work and it really looks nice.

fuel and oil pressure sensors plumbed and wired up now too. Hopefully we will see the track this year!

20150117_183247.jpg

20150117_183252.jpg

20150214_153334.jpg

20150214_153340.jpg

20150214_153343.jpg

20150214_153349.jpg

20150214_153355.jpg

20150214_153404.jpg

Back