I was admiring an '01 Blusa the other day

MC MUSTANG

Peace Keeper or Ban Hammer-it's up to you; IDMBT#9
Staff member
Administrator
Registered
Last Tuesday, I went to a local "bike night" here in PCola....(Shout out to Vincent...got my peas and corn here with me
thumbs-up.gif
) -
Anyway, as I am about to leave, this guy pulls up on a Blu/Sil '01 and it looks saweeeet. Polished frame, chrome wheels, ext. swingarm - the works. Only problem was - he left his black inners.
I ain't dissin' noone with a busa ('cept maybe the dude who ran a second rear tire a while back - or that funky not quite tarheel blu painted one from a few posts ago) but I really think that his bike looked incomplete. I decided to do mine while I had my bike in Japan after seeing an add for race-ready in a mag. On his website, Wil says that painted inners is the best cosmetic mod for the money.....and regardless of where you get it done, I am inclined to agree.

What do yawll think?

I got my painted inners from RaceReady, and I'm happy with 'em...

I've heard others have had different experiences though...not sure what issues, but so far, mine have been great...
cool.gif

VaBusa and everyone else, would you mind posting some pictures of your painted inners. I know I'm asking alot because ya'll HATE posting pics!
laugh.gif

VaBusa and everyone else, would you mind posting some pictures of your painted inners. I know I'm asking alot because ya'll HATE posting pics!
laugh.gif
Dayum -
Another picture of my Bessie? Well, Okay:

BTW -
I don't think it matters where you get them painted, I just having it done can really set off a bike.

Bessie.jpg

They definitely add a lot of character to the bike. Anybody know of a good, reputable person to do this mod? I'm kinda hesitent to just have a body shop repair guy do this to my inners.
sad.gif

I actually don't like the painted inners.. I think the black has contrast.. The paint guys that did my custom actually tried to talk me into painting those to match. I just don't like it though..

course I don't like double bubble windscreens either. . .

side.jpg

I like 'em painted, but I like them smoothed before the paint. I don't care for the texture being left under the paint.

Jeez, do I have to post wh*re another pic of Caesar just to appease the masses?  AGAIN?  
tounge.gif

Here you go...from RaceReady...
cool.gif

<!--EDIT|VaBusa
Reason for Edit: "cut pic up"|1110489768 -->

cut_pic.JPG

MC & VA -- were your inners "smoothed out" before?
rock.gif

Also, where cecil I want to see how the red inners look, maybe suzanne will get some if it looks good!
wink.gif

Cruncher,
VA and I got them done at the same place through Wil at race ready.
Niether of us got them smoothed out, though he offers that if you want it. He charges extra. If I remember right, to have them painted (inners and kidneys) it was 135 shipped. That was sending the ones off my bike; I think he might have spares that he will do for like an extra 80 or 90 bucks.

Before you make a decision, there are a couple of threads about painted inners and a lot of sources. Wil was at the center of a big quality/customer service issue, but I had no problems with him or his service. I got exactly what I thought I was getting.
I will say that if you plan on showing your bike at all, I would get the smoothed version...I think it looks a little cleaner..... Of course, I don't have an award winning busa like some people (
tounge.gif
) so what do I know?
All hail Va Va VaBusa
bowdown.gif

I like them on some colors, but on my black and blue 02, the black looks better in my opinion.
The painted looks good on Va and MC,s tho.

Hey Mustang
Yer B/S is looking schweeet too. I have the same model except it's all stock. It's going in for a paint job and some body work and I was thinking inners too. I am divided. A solid color with matching inners is almost too much.To each his own I guess.It would pay to be proficient in photoshop as I have trouble visualizing a final product. Your Bessie be looking fine tho'

MC, saw they guy pulling in as I was leaving. Didn't recongnize him though.

BTW> if you don't have to get up, DON'T. Enjoy your time off while you can

I'm trying to decide if im gonna buy the new 05 LE. If I don't I'll end up getting them painted on my 04 Blue/Silver.. A few of my friends already did it & it looks great...  Here is the website of the guy that does them...

http://www.raceready.us/

<!--EDIT|Busa204
Reason for Edit: None given...|1110517116 -->

I know im deviating from the topic... but, Ihad to makethis announcement! I am getting my chrome grills installed this weekend
biggrin.gif

Now lets get back to the topic...

Hmmm, the paint job looks good VA
wink.gif

Back