Best windscreen for wind deflection for tall people?

SuedePflow

Registered
I'm a taller guy (6'2") and I think much of my height is in my upper body. I seem to tower over my bike. And at freeway speeds, I get blown around badly. I have to lay out as flat as possible to not be heavily manipulated by the wind at any speed beyond 70 mph. I'm currently running a Yana Shiki double bubble windscreen. I'm not sure how it stacks up to the other windscreens on the market, but I'm wondering if anyone can recommend one that is designed for or known to be significantly better for tall-person wind deflection.

It's also worth noting that a Tobin seat is next on my purchase list and I'm sure that will help quite a bit, but I'd still like to explore improved windscreen options.

I really liked the zero gravity sport touring screen I had on my last busa. Wish I would have kept it before the ins. co. took the bike. I will be getting another for this busa.

I use the additional wunderlich deflector and MRA makes a secondary deflector as well.

Flight%20Busa.jpg

BB

Thanks for the posts. Sounds like a touring windscreen is what I'm looking for.

I'll wait to see how the Tobin seat impacts the problem and go from there.

I have the MRA touring screen but find it can be noisy

Noisy at what speeds? I have the MRA vario touring on the way and will be doing the install this weekend. I currently have the Zero Gravity DB and at cruise 75-90 not tucked even with ear plugs the wind blast/noise is too much for an all day ride. I'm 5'9 and have the Tobin seat as well. Is the MRA vario strong enough to run up to speed? Thanks.

The MRA doesn't make noise, but depending on your height, the wind deflected from your body and shoulders will then head towards your head, which can increase wind noise. I've gone 150 mph with it, and the wind protection is really worthwhile.

I think wind noise is more greatly due to helmet design than the windshield though. My HJC CF helmet is much quieter than the Shoei RF1100, but the RF1000 is more aerodynamic. I blame greater number of air vents in the Shoei for the increase in noise. All of this is nullified by earplugs though.

I'm a taller guy (6'2") and I think much of my height is in my upper body. I seem to tower over my bike. And at freeway speeds, I get blown around badly. I have to lay out as flat as possible to not be heavily manipulated by the wind at any speed beyond 70 mph. I'm currently running a Yana Shiki double bubble windscreen. I'm not sure how it stacks up to the other windscreens on the market, but I'm wondering if anyone can recommend one that is designed for or known to be significantly better for tall-person wind deflection.

It's also worth noting that a Tobin seat is next on my purchase list and I'm sure that will help quite a bit, but I'd still like to explore improved windscreen options.

I have the Puig Double Bubble (which is probably similar to yours) and I have a custom seat which lowers ride height by about an inch. One thing I did do on my windscreen was use some additional washers to "shim" the windscreen angle up just a tad. I'm only 5'11, but that extra 1/4" or whatever I tilted the windscreen up with those little washers made a noticeable difference to me. It was just enough to get the air flow from smacking me mid-visor to get it up over my helmet.

Back