quick acceleration kit

All you have to do is google Hayabusa R1 throttle mod and threads will pop up. Read and find which years work, they'll even give you the part# to go and order from a yamaha shop

the new supersprox quick accel kit is pretty nice (-1 front +3 rear). i also had my yoshis cut in half. the new gearing really woke up my bike. obviously creates higher revving in lower gears and changes shifting somewhat, but well worth the $.

the new supersprox quick accel kit is pretty nice (-1 front +3 rear). i also had my yoshis cut in half. the new gearing really woke up my bike. obviously creates higher revving in lower gears and changes shifting somewhat, but well worth the $.

So you installed this and had the nerve to NOT post any pictures of the setup? :laugh:

We always encourage photos as they are worth a thousand words.

Would like to see how your "yoshis cut in half" look too.

changes shifting somewhat

Please explain. :whistle:

So you installed this and had the nerve to NOT post any pictures of the setup? :laugh:

We always encourage photos as they are worth a thousand words.

Would like to see how your "yoshis cut in half" look too.

changes shifting somewhat

Please explain. :whistle:
one pic shows the yoshi before the cut.
the shifting changes a little because the gear change creates higher rmps in the smaller gears, upshifting sooner.

114.jpg

117.jpg

115.jpg

043.jpg

Last edited:
Looks good. :thumbsup:

Did you cut the yoshi's? Yourself?
If so, with what? If not, who did it and what did they use and how much did they charge you to cut them?

I really like the looks of the shorter pipes. The only thing I might have considered is cutting them so
the holder clamp just came up to the label on the pipes. Maybe it was not possible to cut just one quarter to one third off, IDK ???

Are they louder now or just a different tone?

Is that the stock chain?

Thanks for the pics.

Those are cut right about the same length as mine is. I went from 20" down to 15" then down to 11" for a little more noise.

the gold chain is from supersprox, comes with the front and rear sprockets.
my mechanic knows a guy at a muffler shop who did the cuts and re-riveted the cans. i assume he uses a chop saw. he charged me $150.
they sound a lot better, louder on hard acceleration, not so much different at cruising speeds, but a much meaner growling sound.
as i said, this combo really woke up my bike.

Back