Alba racing rotors

i have a set of PFR rotors that look exactly like that. Probably the same thing. I think I got them from yanishiki website or something (too long ago). Anyhow Ive had them for about 10k and no complaints. Did new pads, lines and rotors at the sametime and was a huge improvement over stock. fyi.

Have any of you fellows had any experience with Alba racing brand brake rotors? I can get a pair on eBay for what one gaffer costs... Here is the ad...

Suzuki Hayabusa Front Pair Brake Rotor Disc Pad 99 07 SW905 RD LD | eBay

Yana Shiki PFR Series is the same rotor. Part numbers on your eb ad are even the same.

http://www.pashnitmoto.com/Yana_Shiki_Performance_Rotors_s/2927.htm

6879496685_5186820a7d_b.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
400 is not really a deal for no name!
I was tempted also by them chinese ebay rotors.. I asked myself... buying chinese parts are a crap shoot, are you willing to risk a front brake rotor failure as your coming in to a turn on the brakes?

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:All i can say, is your life worth saving money?? REALLY WTF:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

You can skimp on things such as grips, fairings, levers, and cosmetic crap that makes your bike "look" better. You should never go cheap on things that keep your bike upright, running, and stopping. That includes tires, chain/ sprockets, and especially brakes :rulez:

Yana Shiki PFR Series is the same rotor. Part numbers on your eb ad are even the same.

Yana Shiki Performance Rotors

Thanks for the link.... I missed these when I went to your site before. I would rather buy from a .org sponsor anyway.. I really don't understand the fuss about cheaper.. It's not like I'm looking at putting 50 dollar crap on or anything, I just don't feel I need the top of the line and was looking for a substitute.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I decided to spend the money and get the Galfer rotors and Tim from pushinit.com gave me a deal on the back rotor plus he has special if you buy front Galfer front pads you get the rear pads free, for anyone interested. I also bought a gear indicator, K&N filter and some new NGK plugs. Thanks Tim for all the great help!!

My gripe with Galfer Rotors is you need to use their pads to keep the warranty in effect. Was not impressed with their pads, love their SS lines.
I put my money into Braking Wave Rotors and EBC HH pads...

IMG_3523.jpg

IMG_3525.jpg

Well I decided to spend the money and get the Galfer rotors and Tim from pushinit.com gave me a deal on the back rotor plus he has special if you buy front Galfer front pads you get the rear pads free, for anyone interested. I also bought a gear indicator, K&N filter and some new NGK plugs. Thanks Tim for all the great help!!

Pashnit.com. DAMN AUTO CORRECT

Pashnit MOTO - Motorcycle Parts for your Bike - Worldwide Shipping

Hey buddy, its been a little over a year since u posted this..... could you give us a first hand impression about these Yana Shiki PFRs. I am seriously considering these but the reviews on the org are a bit scary. How is the braking? Do they last? Do they chew up the pads? Would you recommend them after using them for over a year?

A word of note, most major car and motorcycle parts have been made in China and stamped BMW/ Mercedes etc for over 10 years now, including bike and car rotors!

I have Chinese made rotors that were balanced and machined in USA for my BMW, that is the norm now.

BB

Hey Tim,

Please reply to my query if possible. I'm really waiting to hear from you about your first hand experience with these Yana Shiki PFR Rotors.

Hey Tim,

Please reply to my query if possible. I'm really waiting to hear from you about your first hand experience with these Yana Shiki PFR Rotors.

Considering how many tours/miles Tim puts on his bike, I'm sure if there were any negative feedback to offer we would have heard and he would have discontinued selling them.

I've heard from more than one rider who have had Galfer rotors can warp under hard use. They recommend Brake Tech for bulletproof brakes. And if money is no object, they are coming out with ceramic rotors soon. All of their rotors look pretty sharp with anodized carriers and buttons.

Anyone else had experience with Brake Tech?

Sumant - I didn't have any problems with them, and they worked just fine for me on the 08 Hayabusa. They definitely have a particular look and style, so if this is your preference, by all means order up a set and we'll ship them right out to you. They do have a one year warranty, they are a full floating rotor, and we have nice lil pic library of these rotors installed on the Gen-I & Gen-II Hayabusa. I thought they stopped the big ole Busa just fine.

We've also seen them used on some really high-end custom bikes, and at the same time they are a lower cost option than Galfer if this is what you prefer. The braking power was excellent when used with strong set of brake pads such as the 1370 (HH) or 1375 (novice race) compounds from Galfer.

If you want to make things interesting, then go to the EBC Extreme Pro pads, which have immense braking power (they are twice the cost, but several of us run them on this forum- I've used all three)

I had the PFR Series Rotors on the Hayabusa for about a year, I didn't notice much wear on them, and I eventually sold them used to another member on the forum who was a very happy camper. (As I then went to a custom set of Galfer rotors I had anodized blue and custom-engraved.)

Braking components can be very much a Pay to Play mod, so make your decision based on your budget, and the look-and-style of rotor you prefer.

We do sell PFR Series, EBC, Galfer & Brembo & these are all excellent brands.

It's all probably worth noting through Monday...!!!

Galfer Braking Promo: Rear is free on Gen-II, and $127 off on Gen-II through 12/01/14.

BlackFriday_promo.jpg

BlackFriday_promo.jpg

Back