Hey guys I went down for the first time ever today !

Geez, sorry to hear about the accident. Glad you are not too hurt. Hope the guy comes through for you.

Here are a few pics not the greatest

photo 3(1).jpg

Just to give you an estimate, these are retail prices so you can do a little better but this is what the dealer would charge for parts...

COWLING,UNDER L (main yellow piece) $173.67
COWLING COMP,SI (main black piece) $392.69
FENDER ASSY,FRO (front fender) $179.80
FOOTREST ASSY,P (passenger peg complete) $127.59
MIRROR ASSY,REA (left mirror) $74.70

He's looking at $1,000 just for the basics....still need to know if it got the tail fairings or upper nose cone? If so that's another $1k+. Not to mention labor and everything could easily be $3,000+.

Post pics to be sure what you need...

Go ahead and add this to that list...

COVER, FRAME CTR (tail section) $279.19
COVER, FRAME L (left tail blinker) $143.39
COVER, MAGNETO (left) $67.37
COWING ASSY BO (nose cone) $324.52
COVER, INTAKE, L (left blinker cover) $174.40

Plus some minor bolts here and there PLUS LABOR and TAX!!

See what local shop rates charge and then add up about 5-6hrs worth of work if you are familiar doing it yourself. If not, it's going to be a LOT more if the dealer does the work... :banghead:

So he's just shy of $2k for only parts based on what I see in the pics at full retail price. You might be able to get Honda East or one of the other site sponsors to knock 5-10% off that on parts.

My only concern is where exactly did he impact you or the bike? Did he hit the tire or you? Seems crazy that nothing on the right side was damaged if you fell over on the left? ??

If you were local I would do the LABOR for you for FREE but you're more than a days drive away... :(

If you have have insurance this is not your fault. Use your insurance, they will go after the guy that hit you!
Dont waste your time, and get broken promises from him, cover your azz!
This is why you pay for insurance!
Bad part of living in Florida . Motorcycles do not have to have insurance , Yes I have insurance on mine cause I am a responsible person . I just don't feel I should have to come out of pocket on it , but got the feeling I am going to

Well, all I'm gonna say is, it's not leaking oil from the stator, Grip It and Rip It.

All that work can easily be done by yourself. So you can save on labor by just getting the parts.
There is nothing there that needs to be done that ain't easy.

glad to hear ur ok man.. bikes can be replaced.. hopefully everything pans out and you get covered for your damages and medical bills..

Thank you guys so much , it's not everyday folks you don't know besides talking to on the net really care . On the other hand I can move my shoulder a bit today . I am mainly worried since the Hayabusa I have is the Limited Edition Yellow that they didn't produce the plastics ! Boy I sure hope so . The guy messaged me today and said by the end of the week he should have a grand to go to fixing it

First off I wouldn't worry about not being able to get parts for a one year old bike.
I believe that cars - when they are discontinued they have to have parts available for 7 years.

Tipping over a bike can and does cost upwards to $3000.
Since you were plowed into I would expect $4k minimum. So his "grand" is a drop in the bucket.

Maybe FL is different - but in many states if you are not at fault you don't have to pay the deductible.
I would call you insurance agent and ask them what the policy is. Is there any police report? You may need that.
Did you get checked out at a hospital? That cost money too. Make sure you get reimbursed for that from the guy that hit you,
if insurance doesn't cover it in full.

You said that he took out you and a guy on a BMW. So he has to come up with money for both of you? How about the bike he was riding?
Unless he is really rich I would be very nervous about him being able to come up with all the money to fix everything he messed up.
How about your clothes, helmet, jacket, gloves etc. any of that get messed up too?

Good luck with everything - hope you heal completely. It sucks if you will never be the same as before the accident.

One more thing - when you come to a stop try to always leave yourself an out (so keep it in gear with the clutch lever pulled in) and
look in your mirrors - if you see something/someone coming and it doesn't look like they are going to stop - MOVE OUT OF THE WAY ASAP
It's called looking out for yourself. I wasn't there so I don't know if that was possible - however this is something that I try to do at every stop is look
behind me to see if anything is coming. You have to practice this so it becomes second nature. If you could have moved out of the way you might
have been posting a near miss instead of I got plowed into for the first time today..... Sorry that's just my 2 cents worth of advice.

Got any pics of your bike?

If you have have insurance this is not your fault. Use your insurance, they will go after the guy that hit you!
Dont waste your time, and get broken promises from him, cover your azz!
This is why you pay for insurance!

+1

Did you get a police report?
If not, go to the station now and report the accident, then call your insurance with the claim number.
Then have the bike looked over by a qualified appraiser/adjuster. You might not be able to see a bend in the swingarm or frame, but it definitely could be there.
Insurance will fix your bike and go after him for the money. They will pay the lawyers, they will fight with him for it in ways you never could.

I really doubt this guys promise is worth the price of 3 motorcycles(yours, the BMW and the one he was riding).

Get the shoulder checked! I walked around for 3 weeks with my broken shoulder. Once they found out it was broken it had already started healing wrong. Not a big deal now but I will never throw a baseball again!

If you don't have a police report, you may have difficulty collecting anything. You pay your insurance company to take care of situations like this. The proper procedure here is to turn it over to your insurance company. They will repair or replace your bike and then go after the other guy if they so desire. If it were me that caused the accident I'd tell you to turn it in to your insurance company and I'd pay your deductible. Then I would deal with your insurance company. But then, I'm a stand up guy :laugh:

Sad to hear you went down and glad your here to tell your story not sure about the fairing though. Good luck with the rebuild good to hear your your getting back on the "horse":thumbsup:

Glad that you are okay. In situations like this, you should report to cops,even minor accident, get accident report and make claim on your insurance and they will go after him.
Save yourself big headaches.
Private lawsuit will take years.

Back