Post a time slip

RYC1966

Donating Member
Registered
Just for fun...beginners such as me...novice and hard core guys...post a pic of your weekend efforts....for sure it is all about winning and the fun of competition....but the main point would be to see who shows a repeatable / predictable (dial in pass)....+ for the guys such as me to show improvement week to week or whatever....the heavy hitters can prove their ride as well...I have yet go t the track...very soon and I will post my weak 07 turbo best...please contribute....add some other factors.... best 60 ft or reaction time....week by week...

This was my best pass last night... It was my first time out after stretching it 12" and going -1/+4. I also had a 6.23, 6.24 and 6.26...but hadn't gotten my 60' down below 1.61. Track officials told me to slow down since I'm not licensed yet...so I started working on 60's...got them down to 1.53 but let off to stay above the ET limit. My buddy said I needed to try another full pass now...but I told him I wasn't supposed to. He said...just make it your LAST PASS...lol Genius.. So I busted this 6.09 and left the track like a boss.. :laugh: I'll have my physical by next week and ready to do my license passes. My previous best before the stretch & gearing was 6.42 / 1.70....so I'm happy and I know I can get lower now that I figured my launch RPM out.

6.09.jpg

mam2 5.23.14.jpg

Those were all stock motor, stock clutch, air shifter, roughly 10.5 back, -2 and +8 :D
In the middle of making some changes and will definitely be in the 8's once the bike gets rolling again. Still stock motor though.

Geared to the moon...lol I'm -1 / +4....looking to go +6 soon. You strap the front? I have been...but thinking about loosening it a bit. I'm 12" back so the wheel is staying put..but I've heard a little movement up front is good for weight transfer...hence better traction. Which is what I need.

I run a hook up, no problems with traction on a good track. I did strap the front, but I just had the forks cut over winter so we will see what happens there. Got a new arm too, took about 50lbs off the ol girl too, sidewinder, and gonna get it tuned on E85, so should take .3 off easily. Or at least in my mind. :D

I run a hook up as well...but the track is so so. I'm looking forward to checking out Topeka soon to see the difference. That will give me an idea of what to do next...depending on if it's me, or the track....holding me back. Keep us posted :thumbsup:

Good luck, hope it hooks for you. I just invest a one of those pretty JRI shocks too for a little help in sticking :D

Good luck, hope it hooks for you. I just invest a one of those pretty JRI shocks too for a little help in sticking :D

I'm actually considering a JRI...I've got an Ohlins now...but it's not a drag shock. After I get on a good track...I'll have a better idea. I'm thinking I can get a decent amount for the Ohlins...so not so much out of pocket for the JRI.

This is on my stock motor, pump gas, 2008. I've been in the 1.3's for 60 foots, but not far in. Saturday I was able to get the majority of them there. My best is now 1.380 but I screwed up the best passes.

02Aug141_zpsd04687dc.jpg

I have been pretty consistently been running 8.86 to 8.88 on motor in typical summer air and Saturday was no exception. I decided to spray 40 hp and see what I get. I didn't put any really good runs together. You can see the 60' is off and I actually didn't hit the shift points right on either run but they are still my new bests. The mph's on the left hand pass are incorrect.

02Aug142_zps71005eb4.jpg

I also managed my best 1/8 mile on motor. This is all in about 2700 feet DA air so I'm expecting better results this fall. I think the MPH is to high, probably more like 126.

02Aug14besteighthmile_zps45f0ef6c.jpg

Looking good guys. Dennis, is that a true 40 shot? Looks like it's good for a little over .2 in the 1/8th? You said you missed proper shift points, do you think if you nailed a good pass you would see .3 gain in the 1/8th with a 40 shot?

Back