ok, how about lakewood california...

AZIROC

Registered
since i almost got scammed.. damn it.. can any of the cali guys check on this. ive been also talking with this owner and he seems legit (last 1 felt it.. glad i trusted my gut instinct some and held off on that $$ deposit) anywho, here is 1 for lakewood california. 2k1 busa im 99.9% ill win this bid (put i a good amount on the bid). but if anyone in the area is bored out of their mind and wants 2 check it out.. id SO appreciate it. who would have thought buying a used busa is so hard!?!?!?

I think we have a member here who is from Lakewood.. Cant think of who it is at the moment...

What year did they put the limiter on the Busa? I thought 99 through 2001 was not restricted and had the speedo that went to 220. I thought 2002 and up were the resticted models and had the 180mph gauge.

did the 2001 have the 220 or the 180 gauge. the gauges in the picture are 180

99 & 00 had the 220 speedo.
cool.gif

I live about 30 minutes from there. Well, 5 minutes as the Busa flies!

I'm not truly qualified to evaluate a bike but if you just want a fact-finding mission (VIN#, miles, appearance), I can go check it out tomorrow if you need me to.

--Wag--

i would also but im not in cali right now.. if u do go down there wag check the typical stuff..

forks leaking, tire wear and tread, scratches, steering head for cracks, any noticeable leaks, chain, starts from being cold without a problem. Anyone else want to add things to check?

and ya know wag the other day when we went riding mine started right up after not being started for a month and ahalf.

make a PING Charlesbusa thread or send him a PM, I am sure he would be happy to take a look for ya.

Looks like AZIROC is already bidding on it, assuming IROCGUY is one and the same dood!

If you like, get the guy's phone number and I'll call him tonight and set up a meet between us.

--Wag--

SE of Pasadena here, so it's about a 20 minute ride for me to get to lakewood.

I'll be able to do a recon ride if Wag of Anaheim can't make it.

I live about 30 minutes from there. Well, 5 minutes as the Busa flies!

I'm not truly qualified to evaluate a bike but if you just want a fact-finding mission (VIN#, miles, appearance), I can go check it out tomorrow if you need me to.

--Wag--
yea, if u could. im just looking 2 c if its ACTAULLY there.. and if it has a vin and usualy stuff. haha. here is some info i gto from him. david maciel 562-244-6631. i dont have an exact address though.

THXS!!!

EDIT:
sorry it took so long 2 get back here. my recruiter was buging the crap out of me all friday and by the tiem i got home, i didnt care about #### and wanted 2 sleep.

thanks again guys.

and yes, IROCGUY is me. i think that is 1 of the auctions the owner wanted 2 confirm i was legit and not soem guy who jacks up the proce, then doesnt get it.

<!--EDIT|AZIROC
Reason for Edit: None given...|1110045000 -->

He sent me his phone number yesterday so I left him a message this morning. If he calls me in the next little while, I'll get over there and take the camera with me for some photos, assuming he doesn't have any problems with taking pics.

Yeah, I called him at 8:00 am. Whatta maroon. I keep forgetting that not everyone on the planet keeps Farmer John's hours. Bleah! ;-)

--Wag--

Went and saw your new Busa this morning! I think you're gonna like it....

That's the short version. Here's the long story.

Showed up at David's house and the Busa was sitting in the back driveway, beautiful in all it's glory! Dang, the beauty of any Busa just stands right out there and captures the attention, doesn't it? But I digress.

Very clean bike. No obvious leaks or tweaks. It was a little dusty 'cause it hasn't been ridden in quite some time. The battery was dead, too, and it didn't have time to fully charge before I got there so I was a little disappointed that I didn't get to hear it run. Take that into consideration before you buy it.

Now, about David. Trust me, if you can, you want to drive or fly out here and pick this bike up in person. It's worth it just to talk to him about engines. This guy really knows his shid and believe you me, if I'd had more time, I could have easily stayed there all day long, just listening and learning.

Do it. You have a place to stay at our house if you want.

I took some pics, too. Check e'm out. Assuming I can figure out how to post 'em!

--Wag--

Oops. Gimme a few minutes to resize these for you.

--Wag--

Great paint, even if a little dusty from disuse.

DSC02627.jpg

Of course, you'll have to ditch the reflectors!

DSC02628.jpg

Back